Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2009, 08:00 PM   #15

Today, when I took my coach to Buddy Gregg Motorhomes in Lewisville, TX, to have the copper brake line replaced with a steel brake line, I noticed an Alpine Coach in the waiting area that has a New Hampshire tag.

Hello, "New Hampshire"! I live nearby, so send me email if you would like to get in contact.
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:54 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Hello Alpine Coach family - you were heading south on Interstate 5 just south of the Columbia River Bridge on Monday (I think). I was going north after making a quick run to Portland for work. Hope you made it safely to your destination - the color was gray or silver.

And I thought I saw one in storage in Woodland, Washington, but it was getting dark, and I was following someone to find an address so only saw this one out of the corner of my eye, so I could be wrong on that one.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Well it's confirmed, we are headed to Eugune, OR for a D/S Windshield replacement at A-1 Glass, the over to South Jetty Thousand Trails campground for a few days R & R. We get to camp out in the parking lot of the facility as they don't want us to move the coach until the next morning after the install. They are used to crappy WRV windshield installs, and even went to Yakima to instruct WRV in how to put them in, but it seems to no avail. Hope we see you all along our way.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:37 AM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Spotted a green or gray/silver passing through Guerneville, CA, Sunday. Probably headed to the coast at Jenner or Bodega Bay. Thanks for letting us cross at the crosswalk. Sure was pretty!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #19

Newer Alpine Gros Ventre campground, Grand Teton Nat park.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
That last sighting sounds like Cinequip (Scott & Marcia), who in the "Summer" thread said they were at Gros Ventre at the Tetons. They have an '09.

Traveling up I-15 today in the Salt Lake City area, we spotted an '02 (or maybe an '01 w/ full body paint), green. We got all excited until we got close enough to see the dealer plate...guess it was just being transported. I sure hope that was it, as the driver was having a hard time staying in his lane...would hate to think he was out there all the time!

Dan, sorry we couldn't stop to say "Hi"!

In Pocatello, ID tonight, and on to W Yellowstone to meet up with Rick & Sue tomorrow.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:09 AM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Yup, that was us at Gros Ventre.

We saw a total of 3 Alpines in Yellowstone. First was a pair of coaches driving south between Yellowstone and the Tetons on highway 191 August 5th. Then we saw another yesterday (the 8th) while driving our toad in Yellowstone between Canyon and Fishing Bridge junctions. They were headed south in the "bison plains" area.

Word to the wise: North Yellowstone entrance is NOT the best big coach way in or out of the park!
Cinequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:20 AM   #22

Cinequip,

Sorry I missed you at Gros Ventre. We got in late and saw your rig as we were looking for a spot. You were gone the next morning when I went looking for you.

Nice looking coach...........

Ken
Old 08-09-2009, 07:49 AM   #23

We have been at Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone since last Wednesday and their are 3 Alpines here. Us, the Stacy's, and another Alpine near the entrance to the park. It looks like an'04-'06 Cinnabark color. Haven't seen the owners, but I believe Gail and John Stacy saw them and had a chat.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #24

Alpine Owners Club
Yup, Rick, we did talk to the guy...but of course, I can't remember his name. He has an '05 that he purchased new from a dealer in '07. Said he joined ACA, but let his membership drop as it was too hard to participate. He lives in Southern California, but spends at least 3 months a year in Montana where his son lives.

As we were headed today from Grizzly up to Glacier Park, we spotted a green 03/04 camped on US287 just north of Earthquake Lake. Just caught a glimpse as we roared by, so have no more info.

Hope you are all having a wonderful summer!!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
We spotted a very light colored coach towing an enclosed trailer eastbound on I-90 near Missoula today. Wish I was better at decoding approx. year.
Cinequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjstacy View Post
Yup, Rick, we did talk to the guy...but of course, I can't remember his name. He has an '05 that he purchased new from a dealer in '07. Said he joined ACA, but let his membership drop as it was too hard to participate. He lives in Southern California, but spends at least 3 months a year in Montana where his son lives.

As we were headed today from Grizzly up to Glacier Park, we spotted a green 03/04 camped on US287 just north of Earthquake Lake. Just caught a glimpse as we roared by, so have no more info.

Hope you are all having a wonderful summer!!
We took the same jaunt up US87 yesterday and noticed the same green Alpine camped in a small park. That Earthquake Lake visitor center is amazing. Hard to believe the bulk of a mountain came down in a 7.5 earthquake in 1959.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #27

Alpine Owners Club
Rick, I'm glad you guys took that drive up to Earthquake Lake. Not only is the visitor center interesting, but the whole area is just beautiful. I'd recommend that drive up US287, which you access just north of West Yellowstone, to anyone visiting the area.

I'd also highly recommend Grizzly RV Park to anyone visiting Yellowstone. It is a very nice RV park, with lots of trees and grass, nice flat gravel pads and extremely helpful staff. It is located just outside of the west entrance to Yellowstone, so very convenient...as well as just down the street from the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center, a very interesting place to visit to see not only a museum presentation about these two animals, but live specimens in natural habitats.

I suppose all of this would have been better posted under the other thread about where we are all going this summer...but Rick started it!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:28 PM   #28

Alpine Owners Club
As we were returning to our RV Park this afternoon from our drive around Glacier Natl Park, we spotted a green 06/07 camped near the road (US Rt 2) in a small RV park about 20 miles east of West Glacier. We think it could be the same rig we saw turning into the W Glacier KOA as we were leaving around 11:30am...we thought maybe we'd have some Alpine neighbors. Don't know who this would be???