Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2007, 04:15 AM   #1

I need to get a replacement filter for our residential type fridge in our late '02 Alpine (same as '03 & maybe later models), but forgot to get model # before leaving coach stored an hour away. Does anyone have the fridge model # or filter part # handy? Would save me a trip and I would be very appreciative.

Lois Miller
'02 38FDDS
rosegramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2007, 04:15 AM   #2

I need to get a replacement filter for our residential type fridge in our late '02 Alpine (same as '03 & maybe later models), but forgot to get model # before leaving coach stored an hour away. Does anyone have the fridge model # or filter part # handy? Would save me a trip and I would be very appreciative.

Lois Miller
'02 38FDDS
Old 05-02-2007, 05:58 AM   #3

ACD2234HRS,water filter PURICLEAN UKF8001AXX
This is for a2005 Alpine with the Amana

This filter replaces numerous ones used over the years according to partselect.com
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:11 AM   #4

Thanks, Wayne & Kathy, but that Puriclean name sure doesn't ring a bell with me. Could be the same as our '02, I just don't recall the name, but thought I would when I saw it. I've gotten the filters before online thru Sears Parts Department. Just put in fridge model # and got the right filters.
Anyone got an '02 or '03? Our coach has a July'02 manufacture date, so most of it is same as '03. I saw a Lowe's ad that said they carry water filters for all brands of refrigerators & ice makers, so though I would try to pick 1 or 2 up when we go later today. I'll take your #'s with me and see if it looks like the same one. Thanks again.

Lois
Old 05-02-2007, 07:11 AM   #5

Okay, did a little more research. According to Sears Parts website, ACD2234HRS is an Amana refrigerator DOOR, not a refrigerator. Their site doesn't show a picture of the filter when I plug in UKF8001AXX, so I can't see if it looks like mine. I went to the Partselect.com site, and could not find any of their filters that had a manufacturer's part # or their own part # that was anything similiar to the UFK8001AXX, but when I searched for Amana refrigerator, filters - it came up with 3 different ones. I recognized the one with the red cap that has to be pulled off and the accompanying labels for date of replacement as looking like the one I have. So I'll see if Lowe's has it. If not, I'll order it from Partselect. Thanks again, Wayne, for at least pointing me in the right direction to find what I needed.
Does anyone else think these $35'ish filters that have to be replaced every 3 months seem pricey? Any other suggestions or places to find them cheaper? I think they are important, since we use bottled water for cooking and making drinks, but love our ice & water in the door. I just wish it was less expensive.

Lois
Addendum: when I went back to the site and pulled up another view of the filter I believe is the correct one, I could read the part number on the filter itself as UKF5001AXX and it says 'replace every 6 months', so that just cut the cost in half. I'm pretty happy now!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #6

Manufacturer's Number: UKF8001AXX
Amana water filter for fridges with the long, slender filter cartridge that pulls down from the ceiling of the fridge.
Replaces the following Amana filters: 12589201, 12589208, 67002671, 67003591, WF-50, WF50, WF50-NI300, WF50-NI500 and the Kenmore 46-9005 for Amana-built Kenmore refrigerators (start with 596).

Look at the diagram for the ACD2234HRS and the diagram for EVAP FAN ASSY AND LIGHTS IT IS PART #15
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #7

that is great,,thanks for that useful idea thanks a lot guys,,
Refrigerator Filters