Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2008, 04:10 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
While Dixie and I have been members of ACA since 2002, we had only attended the DDR's in Quartzsite, until last year. We just joined the SoCal regional group, but haven't been to any of their meetings or rallies yet due to conflicting schedules.

Since I had become a member of the WRV focus group, I have spent a lot of time talking to Alpine owners everywhere I meet them, from Walmart parking lots, to the rallies. This is done in an effort to get lots of good ideas from other owners that I can pass on to WRV at the next focus group meeting. The personal information that I have found from all of these talks is:

1. Everyone loves their Alpine with the exception of whatever, mostly normal RV related problems that they may or may not be having. These are complex vehicles with many parts, subsystems, appliances, components, etc and we do beat the daylights out of them going down the road.

2. There are a number of us owners who wouldn't change brands, even if we wanted to, due to all of the wonderful friends we have in ACA. (and have even met while staying at camp WRV.)

3. Everyone who has been to a rally thinks that ACA puts on one of the best, if not the best rallies anywhere.

5. There is a small, but vocal group of ACA members that feel ACA is under attack by some other group and that some of the regional groups want to pull away from ACA and form their own club.

6. I have talked to people from both groups and find that they both are only interested in the best for the club.

7. Many of the ACA members I have talked to were very unhappy about all of the drama, some outright hostility, negative postings on this forum and people getting up in meetings to verbally attack others. Many of these members have questioned if they want to still attend our rallies or even renew their memberships. I have never talked to any regional group member who wants to have their group form a separate club.

8. After the latest club meeting at the DDR, everyone was very sorry to see Gale Johnson retire from his position as rally director. All of us have appreciated what a great job he has done putting on such great rallies and know that it will be hard to replace him.

9. Some have stated that the Las Vegas rally is only a sales event due to it being put on by Guaranty RV. Most of the people I have talked to are grateful to Guaranty RV for taking on the arduous task of putting on a rally with so little notice. This was mainly done to give the many owners that had planned on attending, the scheduled rally that ACA had to cancel, the rally they had planned on going to. Guaranty is in the business of selling RV's as WRV is in the business of manufacturing RV's to sell. I hope that everyone doesn't miss the fact that Guaranty RV, Uhlmann I-5 RV and WRV have always gone out of their way to support ACA.

I feel that all of the animosity has occurred due to the perceived threat to the club that we all love. I also feel that if everyone can reign in their emotions about what has happened in the past, then the club can heal and get back to the great fun group it really is. If this snipping at one another keeps up, then I am afraid that we well see the membership and the attendance at our rallies dwindle, this would be a real shame. I would hope that we all (ACA members) can and will support all Alpine rallies, no matter who puts them on, they are a benefit for all Alpine owners. There is no way any one group can meet the needs of the growing number of Alpine owners nationwide.

It is my hope that this will not stir up any more disagreements and everyone can just let this whole disagreeable episode be forgotten. I really think that everyone wants the same thing, a harmonious club.

As EngineerMike would say IMHO

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:10 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
While Dixie and I have been members of ACA since 2002, we had only attended the DDR's in Quartzsite, until last year. We just joined the SoCal regional group, but haven't been to any of their meetings or rallies yet due to conflicting schedules.

Since I had become a member of the WRV focus group, I have spent a lot of time talking to Alpine owners everywhere I meet them, from Walmart parking lots, to the rallies. This is done in an effort to get lots of good ideas from other owners that I can pass on to WRV at the next focus group meeting. The personal information that I have found from all of these talks is:

1. Everyone loves their Alpine with the exception of whatever, mostly normal RV related problems that they may or may not be having. These are complex vehicles with many parts, subsystems, appliances, components, etc and we do beat the daylights out of them going down the road.

2. There are a number of us owners who wouldn't change brands, even if we wanted to, due to all of the wonderful friends we have in ACA. (and have even met while staying at camp WRV.)

3. Everyone who has been to a rally thinks that ACA puts on one of the best, if not the best rallies anywhere.

5. There is a small, but vocal group of ACA members that feel ACA is under attack by some other group and that some of the regional groups want to pull away from ACA and form their own club.

6. I have talked to people from both groups and find that they both are only interested in the best for the club.

7. Many of the ACA members I have talked to were very unhappy about all of the drama, some outright hostility, negative postings on this forum and people getting up in meetings to verbally attack others. Many of these members have questioned if they want to still attend our rallies or even renew their memberships. I have never talked to any regional group member who wants to have their group form a separate club.

8. After the latest club meeting at the DDR, everyone was very sorry to see Gale Johnson retire from his position as rally director. All of us have appreciated what a great job he has done putting on such great rallies and know that it will be hard to replace him.

9. Some have stated that the Las Vegas rally is only a sales event due to it being put on by Guaranty RV. Most of the people I have talked to are grateful to Guaranty RV for taking on the arduous task of putting on a rally with so little notice. This was mainly done to give the many owners that had planned on attending, the scheduled rally that ACA had to cancel, the rally they had planned on going to. Guaranty is in the business of selling RV's as WRV is in the business of manufacturing RV's to sell. I hope that everyone doesn't miss the fact that Guaranty RV, Uhlmann I-5 RV and WRV have always gone out of their way to support ACA.

I feel that all of the animosity has occurred due to the perceived threat to the club that we all love. I also feel that if everyone can reign in their emotions about what has happened in the past, then the club can heal and get back to the great fun group it really is. If this snipping at one another keeps up, then I am afraid that we well see the membership and the attendance at our rallies dwindle, this would be a real shame. I would hope that we all (ACA members) can and will support all Alpine rallies, no matter who puts them on, they are a benefit for all Alpine owners. There is no way any one group can meet the needs of the growing number of Alpine owners nationwide.

It is my hope that this will not stir up any more disagreements and everyone can just let this whole disagreeable episode be forgotten. I really think that everyone wants the same thing, a harmonious club.

As EngineerMike would say IMHO

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It is my hope that this will not stir up any more disagreements and everyone can just let this whole disagreeable episode be forgotten. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #4

For those who don't agree- come to the Vegas rally. What happens there stays there!
Old 02-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Ya' know, women/wives can often forgive but not forget. Generally, men can forget, but never forgive. Speaking of certain indiscretions, only. I don't know about the "forgetting" part, but surely we're adult enough that we can be forgiving, and get on with RVing in our Alpines. Let's get by this thing, and get on with our life. Antipathy will get you nowhere.

IMHO.

Jim Eddy
J.S.Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:45 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Forgive me for being so late to this party, Dale. Your sentiments are right on the money. Lets get on with enjoying our coaches!
F&D ABQ is offline   Reply With Quote