Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #1

I have been unable to come up with any real good ideas for some type of storage area within reach of the driver that could hold sunglasses, chapstick, lotion, Good Sam cards, etc.
Any ideas anyone?

Clark
ClarkBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #2

I have been unable to come up with any real good ideas for some type of storage area within reach of the driver that could hold sunglasses, chapstick, lotion, Good Sam cards, etc.
Any ideas anyone?

Clark
ClarkBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Clark,

What I've done is get one of those small trash cans that has (for lack of a better term) bean bags on either side. It looks like it was originally designed to sit on the transmission hump of a rear-wheel drive car. It is about a one quart size. It sits next to the seat, doesnt tip over and is small enough that it's not in the way. The only down side is that it isn't verry pretty
Old 04-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #4

I really agree with ClarkBowen on this subject. There's a good deal of space on the port side of the driver seat that could be put to good use for storage of odds and ends.

And while we are at it, the storage side on the passenger seat on the mid-doors could use some work as well. there's one big bin and it's hard to put stuff in as well as get it out.

So an idea for the focus group might be on how to better provide storage space on the outboard side of both passenger and driver seats. And how to provide more and better cupholders while we're at it would be helpful.

A lot of these coaches, especially driver's side, could be retrofited with a better storage system under the switch panels and outboard of the seat.
Former Owner, 2005 Tioga 31M and Arctic Fox 22GQ
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:55 AM   #5

I, being the astute young man that I am, also noticed the lack of usable storage space in the open areas described.
Soooooo, I made a wood rack/bin/map case for the passenger side and a wood flip-top box for the Driver's side. To further demonstrate my brilliance, I affixed a "Bulls-eye" bubble-level on top of the driver's bin and leveled it to reflect bubble-level in the refrigerator.

So far, both have worked quite well.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:49 AM   #6

Being of the carpenter impaired varity I have a multitude of Dollar Store plastic baskets around for misc. storage - works great on both driver and passenger sides and doesn't interfer with the slides.

2001 Jeep Wrangler
Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:59 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
I am also in agreement with the storage issue. In fact, I think the entire driver's compartment needs to be redesigned.

If the top of the dashboard were flat, it would be easier to set a container of some sort on the dash, I do use a box and put it on a piece of non skid on the dash, but you have to keep an eye on it as you travel as it will slowly creep aft and eventually fall off.

Another complaint I had was why only one 12 plug in the entire front area of the coach and then why is it placed down by my right foot where there is no need to plug anything in? I had WRV add two 12 volt plugs, one on either end of the instrument panel so now I have a place to plug my GPS, Brake Buddy light, or what have you.

Also, I would like to see a 12 volt plug on the passengers side to plug things into.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote