Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Maybe in 4 or 5 years. Couldn't pass up the deal on the one I have now. In fact bought it site unseen, wired cash overnight before someone else snagged it. DW probably won't let me buy another for a while now. When we look again, mid door will be a priority for the ease of access.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #30

Dennis- I suggest you
1) get a really great deal on the mid-door of your choice
2) get it repainted to match your current rig
3) tell the wife you had the door moved.
Problem solved, eh?
Old 12-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
See thats why I come here. Would have never thought of that one. I could take for an oil change and come home with the new rig painted to match the old one. She'll never know.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #32

where do you guy's purchase your "stepford wives"?
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #33

Old forester:
I understand what you mean. Understand that I am larger than the average bear (6'5" 280) However what I mean is The 40 ft can be purchased for the same as a 36 ft. And a 40ft drives the same very similar and parks and maneuvers the same as a 36. But to each it own. Have a ball
Old 12-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #34

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldForester View Post
Gail and John Stacy:

Interesting. My salesperson told me when we bought our 06 new the 36 MDDS couldn't have a furnace and the residential refer over the furnace; it had to have a hydro-hot. I have not seen one like ours with the residential refer over the furnace.

Can you tell me what refer you have, and what model? Assume it's an Amana, but don't know. Also if you have the Xantrex RS 2000 inverter?

I might be interested in changing our Dometic refer to a residential like yours, if the refer fails, and it fits like yours, and if I don't have to change the inverter.

Thanks--
OldForester,

Sorry I didn't answer your questions. Yes we do have an Amana, and also a Xantrex RS 2000. I love having the residential refer with all it's space, especially when we are out for a fair while. Of course, like most women, I always carry too much food around. It really doesn't cause us a problem when dry camping, other than running the gen set perhaps a little more. We don't dry camp enough to justify putting on solar panels, but I'm sure that would help a lot. If you are at Quartzsite, look me up and I'll show you how it's all set up.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #35

Gail,

Don't plan to make Quartzite this year; got too many other things going on. The furnace under the floor answered my question, which makes it pretty much impossible on our 36 mid door. We get by in the 3 1/2 months of winter with our Dometic and we get by fine the rest of the year. But if I were to buy one new I would rethink the hydrohot and the residential refer. I camp enough during hunting season in October/November in Washington and in the worst part of the winter (February) in freezing weather in Texas that I would like to have the hydrohot.

I also don't dry camp enough to require the propane/electric refer. Quartzite is as long as I dry camp and I have seen the residential refer/generator combination work there for the last 5 years.

I just don't want the extra length of a 40' for all the places I go, and I like being nowhere near overloaded in weight on the 36' and having the power of the 400 Cummins to go with it, especially on those times I pull the 6500 lb pickup.

But again if I were doing it over I'd still get the 36 mid-door and change the refer and heat.

I also didn't know about the inverter; for some reason I was thinking WRV put a different pure sine wave inverter in with the residential refer, but they didn't.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Former Owner, 2005 Tioga 31M and Arctic Fox 22GQ
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #36

Steve W,
I have a 2005 Alpine Coach Limited Series Mid Door Double Slide 36 ft w/ Woodlands Decor and Natural Maple Cabinetry. It was only out of its storage to go on short trips and maintained and started up regularly. It has only 10,877 miles on it. It was never used as a snow bird unit nor lived in. Never smoked in and kept up and very clean inside and out. It is loaded with options plus we added window awnings, bay slides and factory rear mud and rock guards.
If interrested contact me: pdhope@msn.com
mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #37

Mules -

Thanks... you've got mail.

Steve W
Steve W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #38

Alpine Owners Club
mules:

Before you sell it, could you share information on the Alpine Register?

We are looking to get the last five numbers of the VIN, length, model, engine and City for all Alpines ever made.

Thanks!