Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #1

We have a 2006 Apex. The auto leveling system via the front TV does not work at all. However, the auto leveling system on the Silverleaf screen on the dash does work fine. Does anyone out there have an explanation as to what the cause might be and how to correct it? All other coach related systems on the TV appear to be working properly (tho it does give an incorrect storage dept and outside temperature). BTW, we have broken down twice during our first two trips....100 miles after leaving the factory, we lost all coolant due to a loose hose in the Hydro Hot system and while returning from a trip to AZ, we lost all acceleration due to a leak in a charging hose...both WRV issues and not Cummins related. Not off to a good start! However, we were treated well by both WRV and Cummins Coach Care in getting those issues resolved.
Steve and Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #2

We have a 2006 Apex. The auto leveling system via the front TV does not work at all. However, the auto leveling system on the Silverleaf screen on the dash does work fine. Does anyone out there have an explanation as to what the cause might be and how to correct it? All other coach related systems on the TV appear to be working properly (tho it does give an incorrect storage dept and outside temperature). BTW, we have broken down twice during our first two trips....100 miles after leaving the factory, we lost all coolant due to a loose hose in the Hydro Hot system and while returning from a trip to AZ, we lost all acceleration due to a leak in a charging hose...both WRV issues and not Cummins related. Not off to a good start! However, we were treated well by both WRV and Cummins Coach Care in getting those issues resolved.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:31 AM   #3

Steve- Can't help w/the advanced SilverLeaf; you Apex wizards have way more stuff run off that computer than we mere muggles.
But I'm curious about the coolant. My HHot coolant is pink, and engine coolant is green (which reminds me I need to top off the pink). If I opened the HHot system, I don't think I'd lose any engine coolant. Is your HHot coolant green?
Old 06-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #4

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
Greetings from Spokane,

SILVERLEAF:
I was going to suggest that you disconnect the data buss cable from the HWH control box to reset the computer but I can't find the connection. That compartment is very busy.

Does the manual level function work from the TV?

I would call WRV and/or Silverleaf.

HYDRO-HOT:
The engine coolant flows through a heat exchanger in the HH tank. From HH Shop Manual:
Function: The Engine Preheat switch activates the indicator light on the
switch and the Hydro-Hot's Engine Preheat Circulation Pump, reference
Figure 4. This procedure allows the Engine Preheat Circulation Pump to
circulate the engine's coolant through a separate double wall copper loop
in the Hydro-Hot's Boiler Tank, resulting in a warm engine for easy startups
on cool mornings. Please note that this feature will be effective only if
the Engine Preheat switch is ON in conjunction with either the Diesel and/
or Electric switch. This feature is available on HHE-200 Model Hydro-
Hot's, ONLY.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #5

Yes, the coolant leak was green (originating from the pre-heat function of the Hydro Hot. The WRV folks got us back to the factory by by-passing that function. They they found the problem to be a loose hose connection and we were on our way. As for the auto leveling issue, no, the manual leveling does not work from the TV either...but as does the auto leveling, the manual leveling does work from the Silverleaf screen on the console. I did call the customer service people at the factory and was told to bring it to the dealer to determine the problem. Problem is, we are leaving on a 3 month trip across country in a few days and cannot get into the dealer.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:28 AM   #6

Wasn't it easier to just push the button on the older style HWH control board that said automatic and everything went up very nicely. I think some of the high tech items are becoming way beyond there usefulness of praticality. When you mention the TV in relation to the jacks. Does it show the jacks going up & down? If so I pretty much know what happened when our jacks are finished by looking at the level. If need be you tweak a little here and there which I assume with all of the new systems still has to be done anyway. Just an opinion that I feel avoids additional things to go wrong.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote