Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2006, 05:16 AM   #1

I went to service my batteries yesterday and the filler pump is not pumping. The motor works, but no water is being pumped. I took off the closest hose and was able to blow through it in both direction, but no water comes out when I run the pump.
Any words of wisdom? Thanks in advance.
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
htg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2006, 05:16 AM   #2

I went to service my batteries yesterday and the filler pump is not pumping. The motor works, but no water is being pumped. I took off the closest hose and was able to blow through it in both direction, but no water comes out when I run the pump.
Any words of wisdom? Thanks in advance.
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
Old 08-18-2006, 02:25 PM   #3

HTG3, I would suggest you check the pump. I have never had it apart but I would assume it has some sort of impeller in it.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #4

I finally got to checking out the pump. It comes off the tank very easily. The motor works, but the pump shaft is not turning. Not servicable and made in Italy (Yikes). I'll call Monday for cost of replacement, but already have a plan for a cheap 12V pump plumbed to the tank.
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
Old 08-20-2006, 02:45 PM   #5

OK guys, you have pumps? Have I missed something, I thought mine was gravity feed. I have an 06 Apex. Inlighten me please.
Lyle
Apex 1
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:26 PM   #6

Gravity feed makes more sense, but my '05 Alpine has a plastic tank with a small pump mounted on the outside.
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
Old 08-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
The auto battery fill was a $298 option on our 05. Thing works great. I recommend it highly.

05-06 36'FDDS
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:52 AM   #8

Lyle & Cath, We have an o5 with the battery pump and very much agree with Jerry Davis. It works great and you can always tell when your batteries are full by watching the overflow in the water storage rank. When it comes back in you know the batteries are full.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:26 AM   #9

L&C, You should have a black rubber button mounted on the left side wall of the batt compartment that runs the pump on the battery fill system, which is located on the left side of the left batt bulkhead. You'll hear it run (if it works) when you push the button.
We had WRV relocate the tank/pump so the plastic tank bottom was above the bottom of the bulkhead separating service bay from batt's, so the plastic was out of the way of debris kicked up by the LR tires (tank hung exposed ~3" below bulkhead in OEM position).
Old 08-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #10

Can't find a pump anywhere. I have a little lever that states fill and off. You switch it one way and it is suppose to fill the batteries. There is no way of telling if it is filling though. I have followed the tube from the plastic tank to the batteries and still have not found a pump. If any Apex readers or WRV are looking please input and let me know if you have a pump.
Thanks to all
Lyle
Datastorm #3481
Old 08-22-2006, 06:13 PM   #11

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
Greetings from Camp WRV,

The front row is full of Alpines. Looks like a big dealership. We had to park in the back row. We are back from a month in Europe. Somebody has to do it.

Lyle, you do not have a pump as the system is gravity flow. I do not like the tank being back in the engine compartment (evaporation) and am considering getting a pump type rank and moving it back to the battery compartment if there is room.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:29 AM   #12

Thanks Basil & Sue at least now I know that I am not "bonkers"....well
Is there a kit out there that you (anybody)knows of?
Thanks,
Lyle
Datastorm #3481
Old 08-23-2006, 09:38 AM   #13

The pump system works on a closed circuit- pump runs water thru each cap successively, where it will fill a cell if its float is low, and if/when the float is full up the water bypasses to the next cell. There is a "last cell" from which bypassing water returns to the tank.
If its a gravity system, that would imply either an air release or an oveflow at the end to allow the water to travel thru the caps. An air release might not be obvious without knowing to look for one. Seems an overflow would present itself.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #14

Mike: If you are on the LR side of the coach, you are on the wrong side..your horse is backwards.
Basil and Sue: Welcome back. We are in the front row at Camp WVR. 06 MDDS. Front row Center, you need to come early to get a good spot.
E & D Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote