Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #1

Battery Wiring

I have 2001 FDs. I recently replaced the house batteries and now the chassis batteries. The chassis batteries are the original ones so I got a lot of life from them.

I have the wiring diagram and I'm wiring up OK with a couple of exceptions.

I have a wire (number A143) connected to the neg post of my chassis batteries. I thought I saw a wire number lis,t posted someplace but can't locate it now. Trying to figure out what this wire is for, and is it in the correct place.

Additionally, I've read in this forum where many Echo chargers were wired incorrectly. I have a red and a red/white wire. The red is actually a black wire spliced just up from the fuse. The red/white is actually an orange wire spliced just up from the fuse. According to the post I should have a red and orange wire coming from the Echo charger....I have a black and an orange wire.

Since I have gotten 9 years from my batteries I'm not sure if I have any real problem but if someone have the wire number list or knows what wire A-143 is I'd appreciate the feedback.
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #2

Update Battery Wiring

I traced back to the Echo charger and my batteries are connected correctly. The black wire is actuall the red wire (house batteries) and ther orange wire is the red/white wire (chassis batteries).

I have the 2001 battery wiring diagram (same one posted in the technical library of ACA) and it is not correct. It shows the red wire connected to the chassis batteries and the rred/white wire to the house batteries. Might explain why so many were connected wrong during manfacture.

I still don't know what the black wire is that is connected to the neg post of the chassis batteries but I'm assuming it's not as problem. I'll trace it back to be sure.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:36 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
The wire numbers are listed in your electrical diagrams in the back of your Owner's Manual (assuming you did see them somewhere). That is where mine are. If you cannot find the number, I can check mine out tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:06 AM   #4

Battery Wiring

I have a 2001 which did not come with any wiring diagrams. I did get quite a few schematics fom Alpine, but no diagrams that have wire numbers. If you have that wire number listed that would be great...Thanks.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
TedG:

I'll check that number as soon as she returns from Cummins Cal Pacific. She's having her annual.