Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2006, 07:24 PM   #1

The nylon (or plastic) bracket that holds the drawer roller slide to the back wall has broken. Anyone know where we could buy a new one? We've tried Home Depot and Lowes - they don't have it.Any suggestions?

Thanks dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Donna & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2006, 07:24 PM   #2

The nylon (or plastic) bracket that holds the drawer roller slide to the back wall has broken. Anyone know where we could buy a new one? We've tried Home Depot and Lowes - they don't have it.Any suggestions?

Thanks dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Old 12-01-2006, 06:10 AM   #3

Hi Donna and Chuck. That is a common "breakage" item. I got mine replaced at Saddleback RV when they were in Irvine. The parts dept. had them in stock. I would imagine they still have them in their new location.
I havn't gotten around to it yet, but intend to replace mine with something more substantial as it is only a matter of time before they break again.
Good Luck.
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
htg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:21 AM   #4

Received mine from WRV. they sent all 4. check alignment of tracks when you reinstall, one of mine was over an inch wider at the rear than front. easy job to replace, however you need long arms to reach screws. Larry
alpinerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:00 AM   #5

Mine also broke, and I replaced them with ball bearing slides from Lowe's. The plastic bracket is subjected to too much stress, and I felt it was likely to break again. I only replaced the slides on the drawer that broke so far, but I plan to eventually replace all of them.

Larry is right, you need long arms!!! If you have a few to do, you might consider this:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=11144
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

I wish I had this when I installed the slides. Now I have one, but haven't used it yet.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:20 AM   #6

Thanks all - I agree the plastic is not a good item - too much weight etc. I want Chuck to replace all the slides so maybe I'll get him the jig mentioned for Xmas! Hint Hint! Thanks again. dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Old 12-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #7

Donna, the 06's and up have the ball bearing drawer runners, and the 400 hp that chuck has always wanted. We offer free gift wrapping.
Lindsay
Lindsay Hargett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #8

Jim
Thanks so much for that link on the jig for the drawer slide. I have in the past replaced many drawer slides and have always had them just a little bit off. The jig would really really help there. Sooooooooooooo true... these short arms need to be a little bit longer for those back screws
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:39 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
This is a common breakage item for most all coach manufacturers. We had a 1999 Winnebago and I had to replace all of the drawer supports in it. Just wish the manufacturers would get the message that what they are supplying is JUNK.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:48 PM   #10

To their credit, WRV did get the message. When we visited the factory for the tour last year, they had switched to the ball bearing slides. (See Lindsay's post above.) Unfortunately that was after our coach was built.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:14 AM   #11

Gee, Thanks Lindsay! I'll have to think about the "gift wrapping"! Happy Holidays. dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Old 12-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #12

Donna & Chuck, are you referring to the secondary door catch that closes off your bedroom. If so, I believe I have some extra ones that I bought for my Monaco. Let me check and see if they are the same. Monaco used this style latch for their cabinet doors. If this is what you are looking for I will check and if I have some I will send you one. Please verify that this is what you need.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:52 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to ggbanks
DJ, I believe you can find the brackets @ this site http://www.tjtrailers.com/store/draw...-hardware.html
ggbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:26 AM   #14

Ted - sorry I didn't get back to you re the drawer slide. Was on jury duty and now getting ready to Xmas. Anyway, the problem is with the slides in the drawers not the door. I think we are going to replace the current slides with the ball bearing one from Lowe's. Thanks.
Happy Holidays. dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad