Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #1

Bedroom Slide Adjustment

Hi

I have a problem with the BR Powergear slideout. It doesn't go all the way out at the top. The top is leaves a gap of about 1/2 -3/4 inch. The bottom seems to be OK. Dave my motor is on the front side of the front arm and not in the center. It has some large bolts that are vertical but I don't see any allan key type of adjustment bolts.I have been in contact with Powergear but they want the slideout mechanism model # but I can't see any on the arms. If you Dave have an idea or anyone I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Geoff

2000 38 FDS
alpinedrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #2

I know that on my BR slide I have to just push a bit as the slide is going out and I pull on it a bit coming in.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #3

I tried that Rich and nada . I also tried another high tech technique by turning the air surrounding the slideout blue that didn't work either!

Geoff
Old 02-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #4

Hi

I have a guy coming next week to adjust my slide. I guess I will have to use my pool winnings from the Super Bowl to pay for some of the labor! Unless someone here can help before then....please,please!!

Geoff
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #5

The answer is: (or may be!)

Hi

The RV guy came yesterday to adjust my BR slide. He said that it is going out and coming in really nicely and didn't want to mess with the adjustments. In his opinion it is the topper awning that is wound too tight and is pulling the top of the BR slide out. We relaxed the tension somewhat and the slide is now moving out at the top and all is well. Thought you all would be interested in case it comes up on your rig.

Geoff
Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Geoff, your situation begs the question "What changed?". I assume that the slide was working correctly and then suddenly didn't. Am I missing something?

This issue is also interesting because I've replaced the toppers on all of my slides and considered adding more tension. Since the new toppers were somewhat shorter in length than the original ones, I decided that they would effectively increase the tension slightly and therefore left the tension as is. So far, I'm not having any problems.
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #7

Hi Bob

Apparently over the years my topper has shrunk somewhat and it really needs to be replaced. Add some temperature variations and it contracts a little more. If you go up to the awning drum and give it a small turn you can see the slide top move away from the wall and seal very easily. The only thing holding the slideout onto the rails are the bolts that are to the outside wall of the slide on the end of the rails and the top of the slide just free floats so it doesn't take too much pressure from the awning to pull the top of the slide out. Hope this makes some sense!! Remember this is a PowerGear slide not HWH

Geoff
Old 02-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Geoff, I highly recommend these folks for replacement toppers (great material & reasonable cost):

RV Slide Out Awnings, Replacement Fabric

I replaced all 3 - slide toppers including the long front living room slide. If you haven't done it before, the bedroom & vanity slides are very easy and could be done by one person but I'd still recommend 2 - people (It's easy to catch the material on the guard as you slide it on!). The living room slide was a little difficult because of its length. I had to switch places with my wife to do the pulling. Lots of silicone spray in the grooves as they direct!!! I used 2 - medium sized screwdrivers to turn the roller (slots) and hold it in place against the mounting bracket. Works great!
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #9

Hi Bob

Thanks for the site and the advice on changing the tops. I will definitely go there when I change the toppers.

Geoff
Old 02-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #10

OK

So I thought I had the problem solved with the slacking of the topper awning. Well after a few in and out cycles the top of the slideout was not going out as far as the bottom again. Then I noticed as I put out the slide that it was straight and flush with the seals just before the slideout motor stopped pushing the slide out. Now what I do is run the slide out until the motor stops pushing it and then "bump" it back in 2 or 3 times and voila I have a BR slide that now goes out evenly and is flush with the seals

Geoff

Tags
slide