Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #1

Bedroom Slide Out

This may have been posted but I am unable to find it. We have a 2001 Alpine Coach with a bedroom slide problem. The motor works fine, but the slide comes in and out crooked. When we put the slide out, Dear Wife lies on the bed with feet against the rear of the slide. I push the button, she shoves with her feet, and I equalize the front until it is out. When retracting, she pushes the button, and I shove the rear of the slide in until it is all the way in. Would welcome any advise. Thanks.

Al and Barb Johnson
2001 Alpine Coach
2001 LeSabre towd
Full time, now in Fort Dodge, IA
dispr64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
You say crooked is it walking side to side or is the top hanging up, is the slide binding up and stopping.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hello and Welcome Al and Barb:

The 2001 Alpines have an electric slide in the rear bedroom closet. And the main Slide is hydraulic (HWH). The rear slide has an electric motor on the floor behind the carpet hanging from the base of the closet. The electric motor is centered under the closet and it has two (2) drive shafts one on each side of the motor going to a drive gear on each side of the closet to move the closet in and out. The drive shafts are connected to the motor and gears by four, ¼ in by 1 ½ long grade 8 bolts one on each end of the drive shaft. One the 4 bolts have sheared which will cause the slide not to move out evenly.

To replace the sheared bolt move the slide out completely and get down between the bed and closet lift the rug and determine which bolt has sheared. You can align the bolt holes by moving the drive shaft or pushing the slide for better access. Slide the new bolt in place the nut on the other end and tighten and the slide will move in and out properly. You will need a flashlight at least one ¼ in by 1 ½ long grade 8 bolt and nut, (Get two because if you are like me you will drop one and will not be able to find until after you have completed the job ) and be able to squeeze between the bed and closet and be able to work in tight spaces. Not easy, I know from past experiences with my closet slide.

I hope you join ACA or one of the other Alpine Club Rallies when you are in the area, we would like to meet you. Could you also provide us with the last 5 digits of the VIN so it can listed on the Alpine Coach Register which available on this forum.

I hope is info helps.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #4

Bed Room Slideout

Hi Dave. Sorry it took so long to reply. Thank you so much for the info. Will try to get to it in the next few days. Thought it was going to be a few days in the shop and several hundred bucks. My days of working in tight places and on my knees are over, but I have a skinny kid across the street that will be able to help. I thought that I joined ACA last spring, but I can't see where the check was cashed. My vin is 74364. Thanks again for the help.

Al and Barb Johnson
Old 07-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #5

Dave- can you be more specific?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
You know Mike I like to keep people guessing when I give instructions.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:51 AM   #7

Hey Dave, you nailed it, sheared off bolt. Took my skinny young friend about two frustrating hours to get a new bolt in. The slide works fine now. Thanks again.

Al and Barb Johnson
2001 Alpine FDDS
Old 07-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Al, I am glad to have figured out what the problem was and my suggestion worked. The only other problem I have is that I do not have skinny friend next door.

Tags
slide