RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:24 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29847 View Post

I read through the notes on the Android update. One of the things that has changed is "Vertical and Horizontal Scrolling Dashes". I haven't been able to get this feature to work. My tablet screen will move about 1/4". If you get a chance, try the feature on your tablet(s).
What I did to test out the scrolling dash feature was to take my existing dash, and resize it by 25%. (I used the Group 0, for the whole dash, and a 1.25 factor.) Since my dash already filled the screen, part of it was now off the screen. I then turned on the scrolling feature in the Customize Dashes page, and I was able to scroll far enough to see the right edge, and bottom edge, of my enlarged dash. So yes, it does work.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #30

Andy,

OK, a little more playing. When you turn on the scrolling, you can only scroll as far as you currently have features on your dash. If you dash does not contain any features that are not beyond the edge of the screen, it will not scroll. Try taking one of your gauges, and change the location X coordinate to something like 1500, save the gauge, and look at your dash. That gauge should be off the screen, and you should be able to scroll far enough to see it.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:30 PM   #31

Jim,

I got the scrolling worked out. Working through the problems made me plot out the x and y count of my screen (Samsung Tab A) of my screen. Strange that the dash size did not match the pixel size. I was then able to get my gauges in exact alignment. I'm ready for an in the camper test. Thanks for your help.
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:51 PM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
Jim,
I want to thank you publically for the help on my screen layout when we met at the races in March......it was very much appreciated and you definitely know the BF program, We are lucky to have you in our owner's sphere!!

I do have 2 nagging issues that I just can't get answers to:
  1. My unit connects/re-connects often (Especially when I'm trying to monitor a specific issue that is close to limits)
  2. The fuel consumption on my unit (also 1708) is typically off by 6-8% on every fill-up over at least 20 fill-ups

Jim have you ever run into either of these issues???
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:57 PM   #33

Got a screenshot?
Old 05-09-2020, 09:04 PM   #34

NEED BlueFire help

Under the dash on the left side is the Engine Data port. However, there is no power to it and the BlueFire does not light up. It powers fine in the ABS port (tested only for power confirmation). I looked in the front driver side fuse/electrical bay and there is nothing there as I was hoping there may have been another plug. All fuses are good and not blown. I am at a loss for where to look.

Coach 1999 Monaco Exec 42 with Tag and no slides. Any suggestions?
J Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:27 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
Jim,
I want to thank you publically for the help on my screen layout when we met at the races in March......it was very much appreciated and you definitely know the BF program, We are lucky to have you in our owner's sphere!!

I do have 2 nagging issues that I just can't get answers to:
  1. My unit connects/re-connects often (Especially when I'm trying to monitor a specific issue that is close to limits)
  2. The fuel consumption on my unit (also 1708) is typically off by 6-8% on every fill-up over at least 20 fill-ups

Jim have you ever run into either of these issues???
Hi Paul. Thank you! You are welcome. Happy to help. And thanks for your hospitality at the track!!

I have not had any connectivity issues. But I have an Android tablet, which as I understand uses a different Bluetooth standard than iOS does. And a different adapter. I think the iOS uses Bluetooth BLE, or low energy. You might want to double-check the Settings to see which one is selected. It should go to the correct one automatically, but if set incorrectly it might delay getting to the correct one.

That said, I did try to pair my tablet with a Bluetooth mouse one time, and that gave me problems when trying to connect. I use a tablet dedicated to only running BlueFire, so I don't have anything else paired with it. You might check your other pairings and try turning the others off temporarily to see if it makes a difference. Maybe something is interfering like my mouse did.

I will ask Mark if there is a way to put in a correction factor, other than the current fuel offset. Fortunately my fuel reading is pretty much dead on, so I never needed one.

Sorry we had to cancel the Williams rally.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:42 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Paul View Post
Under the dash on the left side is the Engine Data port. However, there is no power to it and the BlueFire does not light up. It powers fine in the ABS port (tested only for power confirmation). I looked in the front driver side fuse/electrical bay and there is nothing there as I was hoping there may have been another plug. All fuses are good and not blown. I am at a loss for where to look.

Sorry! I am not sure I will be of much help with that one. Alpine Coaches used their own Peak chassis, so I am not too familiar with the Monaco.

Are you trying with the key on? Alpines have power to the data port all the time, even with the chassis power switch turned off. There is no data being transmitted unless the key is on, but there is 12 volt power all the time. But that has nothing to do with how Monaco did things.

What about the data port in the back? (Assuming there is one.)

You might try searching for BlueFire in some of the other Owners forums. I know there are a couple of other threads about BlueFire. (That's where I learned about it!)
Old 05-09-2020, 10:29 PM   #37

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
Hi Paul. Thank you! You are welcome. Happy to help. And thanks for your hospitality at the track!!

I have not had any connectivity issues. But I have an Android tablet, which as I understand uses a different Bluetooth standard than iOS does. And a different adapter. I think the iOS uses Bluetooth BLE, or low energy. You might want to double-check the Settings to see which one is selected. It should go to the correct one automatically, but if set incorrectly it might delay getting to the correct one.

That said, I did try to pair my tablet with a Bluetooth mouse one time, and that gave me problems when trying to connect. I use a tablet dedicated to only running BlueFire, so I don't have anything else paired with it. You might check your other pairings and try turning the others off temporarily to see if it makes a difference. Maybe something is interfering like my mouse did.

I will ask Mark if there is a way to put in a correction factor, other than the current fuel offset. Fortunately my fuel reading is pretty much dead on, so I never needed one.

Sorry we had to cancel the Williams rally.
Thanks Jim,

Yeah I was disappointed that Williams was cancelled but Im sure we'll get some good ones scheduled for the SoCal group next year.

I already have turned off all the other BT connections so that's not it but maybe because it's an older iPad mini3 it's just frustrating as it will sometimes stay connected for 20-30 minutes and at others it will be resetting every couple of minutes....no rhyme or reason.

I would really appreciate a way to adjust the fuel consumption......I know when we had fuel totalizers in the airplane we were able to adjust them to be more accurate.

Cheers!
Old 05-10-2020, 08:22 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Paul View Post
Under the dash on the left side is the Engine Data port. However, there is no power to it and the BlueFire does not light up.

On my Alpine coach, the plug was wired wrong. I was able to resole the problem using the wiring diagram for my coach. I suggest that you check for power with a voltmeter before cutting wires.

andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:41 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
Thanks Jim,

Yeah I was disappointed that Williams was cancelled but Im sure we'll get some good ones scheduled for the SoCal group next year.

I already have turned off all the other BT connections so that's not it but maybe because it's an older iPad mini3 it's just frustrating as it will sometimes stay connected for 20-30 minutes and at others it will be resetting every couple of minutes....no rhyme or reason.

I would really appreciate a way to adjust the fuel consumption......I know when we had fuel totalizers in the airplane we were able to adjust them to be more accurate.

Cheers!
My Android tablet is so old I had to install a custom ROM on it just to get an Android version new enough that BlueFire would work!

Hopefully BlueFire will add a percentage factor that can be used to correct the fuel used. In the mean time you might ask your diesel mechanic if Cummins has a way to re-calibrate that reading on the data port. (Cheaper if BlueFire can do it!)
Old 05-10-2020, 04:55 PM   #40

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post

Hopefully BlueFire will add a percentage factor that can be used to correct the fuel used. In the mean time you might ask your diesel mechanic if Cummins has a way to re-calibrate that reading on the data port. (Cheaper if BlueFire can do it!)
That's for sure!!
Old 05-17-2020, 11:44 AM   #41

Alpine Owners Club
Bluefire connection

Ok I have my custom dash board logged and saved Really look good. now the problem I am not able to connect on either my Apple or Android devices to retrieve the data. I have plugged the connector in and out several time, no joy
I have gone back several times and reloaded the app and redid a dashboard no joy. Can someone please help me get through this problem
Old 05-17-2020, 09:47 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeflen View Post
Ok I have my custom dash board logged and saved Really look good. now the problem I am not able to connect on either my Apple or Android devices to retrieve the data. I have plugged the connector in and out several time, no joy
I have gone back several times and reloaded the app and redid a dashboard no joy. Can someone please help me get through this problem
It has been a long time since I installed my adapter, so I have forgotten any secrets I might have learned, if any. Have you checked the Connecting your Adapter section of the BlueFire Getting Started manual? It starts on page 32. There is a lot of information about what the adapter LED colors mean, and what it means if they are flashing versus solid. Checking the LED lights status is where you need to start. Step 5 tells you what to do if it won't connect.

Tags
fire