RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-23-2020, 07:51 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Bluefire

I have installed the Bluefire custom dash system and very happy however I do not understand how to correct the data for the odometer and the speed . I have tried to do as described in the manual.. Mark said he updated the the soft wear but I still have no success in updating. If someone could walk me through the process it would be greatly appreciated.

Jeflen
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2020, 06:38 AM   #2

Has anyone else experienced repeated connection loss? It connects right back up on its own but it's very annoying.
I have already turned up the response rate, slowed it down from the 333ms that they talk about to 500ms, but haven't tried it out yet.
2005 Alpine 36FDDS #75268
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Jeep401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeflen View Post
I have installed the Bluefire custom dash system and very happy however I do not understand how to correct the data for the odometer and the speed . I have tried to do as described in the manual.. Mark said he updated the the soft wear but I still have no success in updating. If someone could walk me through the process it would be greatly appreciated.

Jeflen
I briefly tried to upload a premade dashboard and quickly decided to just create my own. That was a bit of a rabbit hole as I started getting "fancy" with it. Now I have a very basic setup that I haven't really used much since I got it

Maybe I'll play with that a bit later tonight. We have a few more legs on our current trip, and it would be nice to monitor better. We drove through the desert yesterday (north of Joshua Tree ie hwy 62) and the temps were raising on any long uphill grades. Would have been nice to have more data points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep401 View Post
Has anyone else experienced repeated connection loss? It connects right back up on its own but it's very annoying.
I have already turned up the response rate, slowed it down from the 333ms that they talk about to 500ms, but haven't tried it out yet.
Yes. Mine frequently disconnects then reconnects on it's own.

I've not tried to troubleshoot that issue yet. I assumed it was my crappy tablet
Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:12 PM   #4

Tablet quality could be my problem as well.
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:51 PM   #5

I have been using an older Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (GT-P5210) for over a year, and never had a problem with disconnects. And over 5K miles of driving with it. I have since bought a newer Galaxy Tab A 2019 (SM-T510, $220 at Costco), and no problem with disconnects on it either, but I have very limited time on the road with that one.

For what it is worth, I have the 9-pin "Not for Apple" Bluetooth Classic 2.1 adapter version. Not the Bluetooth Low Energy Apple version. I have no idea if that makes a difference with the disconnect issue or not, but I will throw it out there for what it is worth.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:17 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
I have been using an older Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (GT-P5210) for over a year, and never had a problem with disconnects. And over 5K miles of driving with it. I have since bought a newer Galaxy Tab A 2019 (SM-T510, $220 at Costco), and no problem with disconnects on it either, but I have very limited time on the road with that one.

For what it is worth, I have the 9-pin "Not for Apple" Bluetooth Classic 2.1 adapter version. Not the Bluetooth Low Energy Apple version. I have no idea if that makes a difference with the disconnect issue or not, but I will throw it out there for what it is worth.
I am using an iPad mini and it disconnects at least 20 times per hour....... it seems to know when I really need to see things like Temp, trans temp and boost...... pretty much when I'm climbing and REALLY need the data.

Yes it comes back in a few minutes and yeah I can look at the factory temp gauge but...........WHY THE HELL DID I PAY FOR THIS THING that is typically offline when I need it the most
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:42 PM   #7

I bought a Galaxy tab A 2019, inexpensive.
My reloads right away but it's dropping out probably ten time or more just moving the coach around in yard.
I have the green adapter which I believe is the low energy one.
I'm about to leave on my first trip since installing for a short 200 mile trip each way in a couple of days I will report back on how that goes.
I bought the green one because I also have a iPad pro, but wanted a dedicated tabe for the coach.
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:56 AM   #8

First 200 miles and no disconnects.
It did freeze once though.
Gauges need some fine tuning and I need to figure out how to stop the tablet from going to sleep every so often, but overall I'm very happy.
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep401 View Post
First 200 miles and no disconnects.
It did freeze once though.
Gauges need some fine tuning and I need to figure out how to stop the tablet from going to sleep every so often, but overall I'm very happy.
Check the Settings page on BlueFire. Near the top you will see Do Not Lock Screen. Make sure that is checked. That should take care of it. It is supposed to keep the tablet awake when the app is up and connected to the adapter.

If all else fails, there are some apps on Google Play that will prevent the tablet from going to sleep when specified apps are open. The one I used was Keep Screen On (how original!) But you should not need an app. I later deleted the app.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:47 PM   #10

Thank you, I'm looking now.
Quote:
Check the Settings page on BlueFire. Near the top you will see Do Not Lock Screen. Make sure that is checked. That should take care of it. It is supposed to keep the tablet awake when the app is up and connected to the adapter.

If all else fails, there are some apps on Google Play that will prevent the tablet from going to sleep when specified apps are open. The one I used was Keep Screen On (how original!) But you should not need an app. I later deleted the app.
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:17 PM   #11

Jim, you were correct. I didn't have it check.
Looking forward to the trip home to see how it does.
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Old 09-07-2020, 12:21 PM   #12

Quote:

Jim, thanks for your help! I just realized I never responded after my trip back home.
It worked perfect all the way home.
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:30 PM   #13

I am glad that it worked well. Gee, I was correct once. Let me document that!
Old 09-10-2020, 07:27 PM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
I am glad that it worked well. Gee, I was correct once. Let me document that!
Don't listen to him this man is THE Bluefire expert for Alpine Coaches
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire