Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2022, 07:05 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
BlueFire

All,
I’m having an issue with my BlueFire. I experienced an interference problem with my BlueFire adapter so I sent it in and had BlueFire corporate install the latest software (6.0.0 and downloaded and set up the new app on my iPad) - I reattached the adapter - then turned on the ignition prior to starting the engine and all functions on my dashboard went dark. I like to know how fast I’m driving as well as other vital functions like fuel level, rpm’s, engine/oil temp etc so I disconnected the BlueFire adapter and fortunately my dashboard light up and all instrument gages are back to working perfectly. Business as usual but I can’t use my BlueFire… Any suggestions or advice on how to address this BlueFire issue…? Thanks!
Regards,
Max
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2022, 10:57 AM   #2

Never had that issue. If you have access to a Windows 10 computer I would repeat the update of the firmware on the adapter. Easy to do if you follow the instructions. Then make sure BlueFire Apps is up to date. Version 9.5.6 as of yesterday.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:23 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks Jim…! C u tomorrow morning and hopefully you can dial my BlueFire in with the latest software. Cheers!
Old 06-30-2022, 04:36 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Big Jim, you are the BEST… Thanks for taking the time to drive over to Oceanside and dial in my BlueFire. It now works perfectly thanks to your know how…Knowledge is Power… Cheers…!
Regards,
Max
Old 06-30-2022, 05:39 PM   #5

Glad I could help. Happy to do it. I sent my current dash to your email.

Good to see you today.
Old 07-01-2022, 02:48 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
Glad I could help. Happy to do it. I sent my current dash to your email.

Good to see you today.

Jim,

Have you been able to get the fuel level to show on your dash? Mine does not, 2005 FDTS. Would you also send me your dash?

Dave
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
Jim,

Have you been able to get the fuel level to show on your dash? Mine does not, 2005 FDTS. Would you also send me your dash?

Dave
Yes I have, and that is one of the things Max and I went over yesterday. Our '04 coaches, and I assume your '05 do not have a fuel level reading available on the data port. We need to use a calculated fuel level instead. If you use a calculated fuel gauge, BlueFire will note the Total Fuel Used value when you tap a Fuel Fill Up button on your dash. As you drive, BlueFire subtracts this saved value from the current Total Fuel Used value, and subtracts this value from your fuel tank size!

You need to go to your Settings page and go down to the Fuel and DEF settings. Set your Primary Fuel Tank Capacity. Check the Show Fuel Level Volume box. (Max and I don't need to do this since our tanks are 100 gallons, so it reads the same anyway.) Check the Calculate Fuel Level box. Finally, check the Confirm Fuel Fill Up box.

Now you can add a fuel gauge and a Fuel Fill Up button to your dash. You can also add a Fuel Remaining text gauge and a Fuel Used text gauge if you wish. I use two Trip Meter text gauges. One keeps track of my current fuel tank. Hopefully the fuel used reading and the fuel remaining readings add up to my tank size, which you can see that they do!

Send me a PM with your email address and I will email you my dash. Here is a screenshot. (Sorry, the second page was taken a different day.) I can scroll my dash to get to the fuel fill up button when I need it. I use Night Mode during the daytime due to the effects of my polarized sunglasses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220405-145945_BlueFire_Apps.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	369849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220701-152234_BlueFire_Apps.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	369850  

Old 07-01-2022, 09:49 PM   #8

Since a couple have asked, I tried to attach my dash file, and 6 custom icons for the Cruise Control, Engine Status, and Fuel Fill Up button in a zip file. But the forum does not appear to allow zip files, or the xlm file type either, as attachments.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
Yes I have, and that is one of the things Max and I went over yesterday. Our '04 coaches, and I assume your '05 do not have a fuel level reading available on the data port. We need to use a calculated fuel level instead. If you use a calculated fuel gauge, BlueFire will note the Total Fuel Used value when you tap a Fuel Fill Up button on your dash. As you drive, BlueFire subtracts this saved value from the current Total Fuel Used value, and subtracts this value from your fuel tank size!

You need to go to your Settings page and go down to the Fuel and DEF settings. Set your Primary Fuel Tank Capacity. Check the Show Fuel Level Volume box. (Max and I don't need to do this since our tanks are 100 gallons, so it reads the same anyway.) Check the Calculate Fuel Level box. Finally, check the Confirm Fuel Fill Up box.

Now you can add a fuel gauge and a Fuel Fill Up button to your dash. You can also add a Fuel Remaining text gauge and a Fuel Used text gauge if you wish. I use two Trip Meter text gauges. One keeps track of my current fuel tank. Hopefully the fuel used reading and the fuel remaining readings add up to my tank size, which you can see that they do!

Send me a PM with your email address and I will email you my dash. Here is a screenshot. (Sorry, the second page was taken a different day.) I can scroll my dash to get to the fuel fill up button when I need it. I use Night Mode during the daytime due to the effects of my polarized sunglasses.
Hi Jim.. All the research I have done on what my ECM will output (From Cat ,Allison and Freightliner) No one can tell me if it will read Trans. Temp!!! Best I got was "depends on what the manufacture programed into the ECM" for that year and model!!
Guess I will have to order one and see !!
Mine does have a trans temp light that comes on at 250 degrees, but no one can tell me if the sender will send Temps on a scale! It just might come on when it reaches the danger zone !! of 250
I will let you know in a week or so.
thx
MartyWittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 11:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyWittman View Post
Hi Jim.. All the research I have done on what my ECM will output (From Cat ,Allison and Freightliner) No one can tell me if it will read Trans. Temp!!! Best I got was "depends on what the manufacture programed into the ECM" for that year and model!!
Guess I will have to order one and see !!
Mine does have a trans temp light that comes on at 250 degrees, but no one can tell me if the sender will send Temps on a scale! It just might come on when it reaches the danger zone !! of 250
I will let you know in a week or so.
thx
A good mechanic with the proper tools should be able to tell you. Many have the equipment to connect to the data port and read the data. But buying the adapter (~$200) and plugging it in might be cheaper than paying the mechanic! Good luck!

Tags
fire