Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2006, 06:12 AM   #1

I wonder what this will mean in the future and if we can still get factory support/repairs.

National buys Western

Anyone from the factory monitoring this group?

Thanks
Rick
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2006, 06:48 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
We heard last week - but that Bob was the founder of Country Coach and that it would mean more money to be poured into WRV to improve Customer Service. Guess only time will tell!
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RVersOnline
RV Business now has a confirming article. As a Country Coach owner from an earlier time when Bob Lee owned and ran that company, I'm optimistic that this will be an outstanding outcome for both Bob and WRV. I'm also delighted to see that Ron and his senior team stay in place. Bob Lee's involvement will, in my opinion, further enhance Alpine's value, and be positive both for quality and customer support. In an industry that's likely to see its fair share of change in the next couple of years, this has to be about as good as it gets for Alpine owners...
Old 11-28-2006, 12:17 PM   #4

Apparently Bob Lee has resigned from National RV. Look at this http://www.pe.com/business/local/sto...3.2fa9f6b.html
luv2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:47 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally posted by luv2travel:
Apparently Bob Lee has resigned from National RV. Look at this http://www.pe.com/business/local/sto...3.2fa9f6b.html
Actually Bob Lee resigned from the BOD in August.
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:29 PM   #6

We have suspected a sale since about the time of the Nashille Rally.
I'm sure that from a rally stand point our Rally Director has been on top of this since the rumors started. It would be in the best interest of the new owners to support our club as we owners buy many of the new coaches.

Danny
Danny Gayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:59 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
I had also heard some rumors that something big was going to happen at WRV and it did. From individuals I have talked too in the RV business, believe that Bob Lee will be great for WRV and he is a big believer in Customer Service.

Lets all wish him the best of luck and give him our support.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:20 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
I'll throw my two cents in. I think it is good for WRV that it was purchased by an individual instead of a corporation. I was concerned that WRV would be swallowed up by a "Monaco corp" .

It looks all positive to me, for new and current owners! We look forward to positive changes.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:57 PM   #9

National RV did not buy Western RV. Also, Bob Lee did not buy Western RV. Western RV was bought by Monomoy Capital Partners. Bob Lee was brought in by Monomoy to be the new Chairman of the Board of Western RV, and he did invest in the deal. See these links:
Monomoy Capital Partners Agrees to Acquire Western Recreational Vehicles, Inc.
Western RV announces sale
Monomoy press release
Monomoy web site

Dale Dowdy
2006 Alpine Coach 36FDTS
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:54 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Ooops, there goes my two cents.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:15 AM   #11

Wow! FWIW IMHO etc. etc.

Given the range of potential investors, the induction of a "rescue investor" seems to indicate a desparate condition preceded the acquisition.

I hope Monomoy is in for the long haul. They're new and appear to be buying more than selling, at this time...

Attempting a rapid turn-around could compromise coach build/component quality, as management seeks the balance of the "increase sales/decrease expenses" equation.

Bringing in Bob Lee seems encouraging, especially if he charts the course of Country Coach, spending time and money to achieve brand recognition and coach quality with a low relative volume producer.

Monomoy's patience and appetite (along with Bob Lee's course and power of persuasion) will likely determine the outcome of these events.

Bob Lee's "parting shot" from National makes me wonder what the future holds for Country Coach...
Old 11-29-2006, 05:50 AM   #12

More news:
Yakima Herald-Republic: Western RV sold, will reopen

Dale Dowdy
2006 Alpine Coach 36FDTS
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:18 AM   #13

With Bob Lee both investing and as Chairman, I am coutiously optimistic. What would be additionally comforting would be if Ron Doyle was still invested. That would put two guys, both of which enjoy the fun of making vertically integrated (build the whole thing from the pavement to the sky) motorhomes at the helm.
Not sure what the Monomoy guys bring to the table other than a big sweaty wad of money. Time will tell.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:34 AM   #14

Thanks for keeping the lastest press releases posted.

The most recent mentioned a few new things: Monomoy's statment about new management and Von Burg's statement about other RV acquisitions.

I wonder how much posturing for Country Coach is underway and what that "marriage" might produce.