Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2016, 01:07 PM   #1

Brake light senser

Does anyone know where to get the brake light senser for 2003 alpine 40fts. My brake lights are not working also i can not turn my cruse control off by tapping the breakes. I have checked all fuses.
bgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2016, 01:24 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
What chassis is your RV built on? Brakes often have a push button switch on the brake treadle or the rod underneath. If you have air over hydraulic, the switch could be in the master cylinder, operated by hydraulic pressure.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:56 PM   #3

Plunger-type switch is in the fender well, under driver's position, in front of master cylinder and hydro boost. Generic automotive part--remove and take it to NAPA for a match. Know there are threads on this issue on this forum but can't seem to get search function to work--again!!!!!!
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:58 PM   #4

Just like Old Scout said.Been there and done that. You need to replace your brake light switch.I to have had issues doing a search on different things. Did the forum change something????
2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:20 PM   #5

I tried again to find the info on the brake light switch but no joy. I can tell you that it is a cole-hersee stop light switch but I can't find the mdl #.Might need to take it off and have Napa help you hunt down the exact switch. The switch was used on many rigs. Good luck.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
I used the "cole-hersee stop light switch" in the search box at the top right of the page (the one labeled Google, not the drop down Search function) and got quite a few hits.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cole...com&gws_rd=ssl

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:53 PM   #7

I found the switch you need.Cole Hersee Momentary switch 90043-07.OReilly auto parts sells it for $23.99.I remember when mine went out.You could not disengage the cruse control by tapping on the brake peddle.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:22 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgames View Post
Does anyone know where to get the brake light senser for 2003 alpine 40fts. My brake lights are not working also i can not turn my cruse control off by tapping the breakes. I have checked all fuses.

Welcome to the Alpine Coach forum at IRV2, you will find lots of information on our coaches here. Adding the year of your Alpine to your profile will make responses more accurate, it probably will not make a difference for the brake light switch, but for other things it definitely will. You will need to be careful with responses you do get, there are owners of some other brand (SOB) that are trying to help, but do not understand that WRV did things different and those responses could lead you down a wrong path. This is particularly important if you have a 2003, 2004 or 2005, WRV did major changes during those years.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:56 PM   #9

Been compiling a parts list for my 99' 40 FDS over the past year. Engineer Mike provided this part number for that switch: Cole Hersee 90043-07.
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:44 AM   #10

Ty so much thats what i was looking for i did take it to napa an a young kid told me if they i did know what kind of switch it was that he could not find it. Ty again
bgames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, light