Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:56 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Smile Chassis Wiring Electrical Diagram

Hello~~~~

We have a 2004 Alpine 38' and it won't start up. My husband and friend are trying everything to find the problem. What they need is to get a diagram of the Chassis Wiring Electrical, so if there's any one out there in Alpine World that can help, please do!!! We are going to have to cancel our camping trip if not :-(
2_Flamingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
JWT

Alpine Owners Club
You need to get ahold of Engineer Mike I dont have his e-mail, but maybe hell chime in. He had my chassis wiring diagram on my 05.
Old 09-18-2020, 03:01 PM   #3

More details may be helpful and get you more responses.

Is the chassis battery fully charged?

Does it crank? If not, do you have 12 volts from the battery to the starter?

Does it crank but not start? Will it fire with a shot of ether while cranking?

And so on.

Hope you have it solved by now.
gmcgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:50 PM   #4

alpine

Might be able to help I am Prescott also. Jim
jkstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:15 PM   #5

Just a guess,
Look at the HWH leveling control panel and see if the light is on for the following.
“Not in park/Brake“
If the light is on, pull the parking brake button.
If the button is pulled and you still have the light on, look at the back of the push/pull switch, there is a small gauge wire that may come loose or fall off.
It happened to me. Engine will not start.

Just one idea.
Good luck.
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 06:23 AM   #6

Not sure the schematics are going to help that much--lots of potential causes, so you need to prioritize them. Here are some more "ideas" but you need to give us more info:
1- HWH/park brake interface--perhaps but not sure how that works on a 2004.
2- Allison keypad or control box failure [occassionally].
3- Starter, primary solenoid, or direct battery cables [common].
4- Secondary starter solenoid [occasionally].
5- dash ignition switch [occasionally].
These 5 are easier to diagnose. Once you get beyond these 5, you are into the engine ECM and professional skill sets and equipment. Let us help you with these first 5 areas -- we will need more information on symptoms....
PS--experience with Alpines is key--could be as simple as a Vansco system re-boot
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:07 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Additionally, assuming you have the Vansco units (a 2004 should have them, but early 04s might not if WRV kept to their normal change over after all stock has been used up) what LEDs are lit on your rear Vansco with the key turn on and which are lit when you turn the key to start
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Vansco Module

Just received a new/used Vansco Module, need to reprogram it now
Old 09-24-2020, 03:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Flamingos View Post
Just received a new/used Vansco Module, need to reprogram it now
I am curious to see how this goes for you. Please keep us informed.

I have programmed 2 new VMMs, one as a replacement and one as a spare. They were new from the factory and blank when I got them.

I am wondering if the new/used unit is blank, wiped clean or if it has an existing program. If it has a program from an Alpine the same year/model as yours you may be good to go. If it is from a different type vehicle, MCI bus?, I would be concerned that it has a totally unusable program in it. I think if it's already programmed it might cause a stalemate, nothing happens, at best, or worst case it would overwrite the Alpine program and they'd both be useless.

I might be way off track here and Engineer Mike would be the guy to ask. You may have already thought about all of this and have it all worked and all will be well. If so please keep us informed.

I've often thought that MCI buses would be a source for spare VMMs if there was a way to wipe their program and install the Alpine program.

Watching

Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:28 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry W View Post
I am curious to see how this goes for you. Please keep us informed.

I have programmed 2 new VMMs, one as a replacement and one as a spare. They were new from the factory and blank when I got them.

I am wondering if the new/used unit is blank, wiped clean or if it has an existing program. If it has a program from an Alpine the same year/model as yours you may be good to go. If it is from a different type vehicle, MCI bus?, I would be concerned that it has a totally unusable program in it. I think if it's already programmed it might cause a stalemate, nothing happens, at best, or worst case it would overwrite the Alpine program and they'd both be useless.

I might be way off track here and Engineer Mike would be the guy to ask. You may have already thought about all of this and have it all worked and all will be well. If so please keep us informed.

I've often thought that MCI buses would be a source for spare VMMs if there was a way to wipe their program and install the Alpine program.

Watching

Terry

Hi Terry-
2_flamingos here, sorry for late response. After 3 months of waiting for our vmm to come back home, we had to send it to jca in Winnipeg Canada, and they reprogrammed it for us, , all is good now!! We are having some issue with the generator now, it wont start up, light goes on, but no power. Hubby will tinker with it and hopefully its just something minor.

Thanks!
2_ flamingos 🦩

Tags
chassis, electric, electrical, wiring