Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2022, 09:33 PM   #1

Coach Water pump location and new pump recs

All,
Where and how do I access the coach water pump. The existing one makes a ton of noise, prob not a good sign.
Any recommendations on replacement coach water pumps.
Thanks for the help,
Cheers
Bob
2003 36FDDS ISL Non Vansco
Sideshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2022, 11:10 PM   #2

Can't follow the noise ? lol
On most coaches it's going to be close to your water tank aka the wet bay. So, without a long story there are not many 12v water pumps that are "quiet". Typically it is the vibration from the pex lines. Once you find the missing pump, run the water and feel with your hands - what is making that thumping noise ? Maybe your pump is not secure. They make pump "quiet kits" which consist of flexible lines with proper fittings. Those help, but in all my experience the only thing that really helps is an accumulator tank. Some brave folk use two of them. Last note, make sure your pump is turned off when hooked to city water
Iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 11:22 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
On my 1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE no one could tell me where it was. The shop said that is how they make money by looking for these things. Location was on the right side of the coach on a shelf above the propane tank. The pump was old 1996. UGH Replaced it and found it doesn`t work. There is a 10 amp control module fuse. After days of correspondence with Monaco Coaches they sent me a picture of what the module looks like. But no luck finding it. Dead in the water. no water. Good Luck I hope this helps
Desert Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:27 AM   #4

Mine is on the ceiling of the underneath storage area, on the driver's side, between the water tank and the wet bay. It is easy to get too. I put a quiet kit on my pump and it helpd a lot. I don't want it completely silent. My wife has a tendency to forget to shut it off when we are on the road. I can't count the times I have herd it running when it shouldn't have been on.
andy29847 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:53 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
This might be of interest to you. I purchased one but have yet to install it. Looks like a really good, well thought out product.

https://www.irvwpc.com/
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:32 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
On my 03 fdds the pump is located in the bay to the left of the wet bay just towards the front of the cord reel. I have had to replace the pump a couple of times, motor failure once and pump failure another.
My pump is rubber mounted on a plywood plate that is mounted to the fram with another set of rubber mounts. I agree that a significant portion of the noise is transmitted through the lines and the water circuit itself.
I find a bit of comfort in the pump noise as it is a kind of system check I can relate to. If the noise changes I know something in the system has changed and might need a look.
lazybyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:08 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Just above the electric cable spooler. It is mounted on the outside of the frame rail. I purchased a Remco Auquajet 5500 series 5.3 gpm. as a replacement for the first pump. It is a variable speed pump and was easy to install. I am very pleased with the choice. At the time I did the work, CW had the best price and was a stock item.
Bruce Anthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:33 AM   #8

Thanks for the detailed answers, I’ll take a look at it and see if it just needs to quiet down or replace. Leaning toward replace and hold onto this one as a camping backup.
Thanks again
Bob
Old 06-24-2022, 10:19 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
Thanks for the detailed answers, I’ll take a look at it and see if it just needs to quiet down or replace. Leaning toward replace and hold onto this one as a camping backup.
Thanks again
Bob
I think that's the right way to approach this. A back-up Water pump is always a great idea as not having one can ruin a whole trip
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:19 AM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
A spare is always a good thing in my book.
lazybyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:21 PM   #11

Can't help you with the location but the last ShurFlow I replaced with this one
https://www.amazon.ca/Lippert-689052...116129&sr=8-16

I can't believe how quiet it is, I didn't bolt it down or anything and can't hear it run at all in the m/h. It's only a 3.3GPM but was the same as the old and has lots of pressure. I do plan on bolting it down so it doesn't stress the lines and fittings from moving around but not to make it quiet.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:32 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
The original Alpine pump on my unit was 5.3 GPM. I do not think you would want less flow if given the choice. IMO.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:08 PM   #13

Easy fix,
Bruce I followed your suggestion and replaced with an Aquajet 5.3 gpm water pump. Easy in and out with matching fittings. Thanks for the suggestion.
Again I appreciate all the helpful comments.
Cheers
Bob
Old 06-25-2022, 07:48 AM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Great. I am glad it worked out for you!

Tags
cat, location, pump, water, water pump