Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2015, 10:35 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Dash A/C Clutch

Anybody know what brand A/C compressor my 2006 Alpine has? The clutch wore out, need to buy a new clutch assy. The only two numbers on the compressor yield no information on the Web.

Thanks

Jim
Hartsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2015, 12:29 PM   #2

ACME made the dash AC system but they are out of business--there are several threads on the forum about replacement part sources for ACME systems but most any generic part will do. You mentioned that your coach is an 06 so after 10 years, its probably better in the long run to replace the whole compressor assembly rather that trying to just re-do the clutch.....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:17 PM   #3

While I was on the road in Arizona last year the AC compressor developed a small leak around the input shaft so I decide to have it repaired before returning home to South Caroline. My research finally lead me to Richard Brackenbury at Acmeairparts.com. I believe, if my memory serves me correctly, that he told me he was originally with Acme Radiator that was supplying Alpine with the chassis air condition systems. Long story short is that he appears to be extremely knowledgeable about the components Alpine used. Besides replacing the compressor I decide to also replace the drier, expansion valve (TXV), and the heater valve actuator. Between the information I could find stamped on the parts and sending pictures to Richard he was able to identify all of the parts. He also had all of them in stock which I ordered from him. I am very satisfied with the parts supplied and with the great service Richard provided. I would not hesitate to do business with him again. Below is the contact information I have. The 2 websites listed below will take you to the same web page.

Richard Brackenbury

richard@soldbyrichard.com
http://soldbyrichard.com
http://acmeairparts.com/home.html

As Old Scout pointed out, I was also able to find the compressor for my coach at Advance Auto Parts but I believe that the price was significantly higher. I don’t remember if they had the other parts available.
SC Alpiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:37 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Ten years use would definitely require a new compressor but in this case the previous owner replaced the compressor in 2012. I can't determine why the clutch went south but it did. I found a compressor called "Tama" which looks exactly like mine including the clutch assembly. It's Chinese manufactured and sold on ebay. I have an inquiry into the seller's store to try and confirm compatibility with my system connections.

Thanks
Jim
Old 11-13-2015, 10:17 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Alpine Dash A/C Compressor Info

Just wanted to post dash AC compressor information.

My 2006 Alpine coach dash AC compressor clutch died and the compressor had no mfg ID on it. I found out the mfg is "TAMA" for any of you who might want to know.
I found a supplier on EBay (there are several to choose from), sent him photos of my compressor and clutch assy. He was sure it was a "TAMA" brand and assured me if it wasn't correct he would accept the return with no penalty. The clutch is the exact replacement and everything now works fine.
I would have purchased the clutch locally but I couldn't find anyone in the Seattle area who showed any interest or desire to help. Oh well.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:03 AM   #6

Hartsnet - Could you post the Tama part number for that clutch. Thanks
Old 11-17-2015, 07:49 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Rick T:

Alpine dash AC compressor clutch

Item # ( 111715979727 ) eBay

UAC CL 9725-E New A/C Compressor Tama Clutch Assembly

Sold by atlantaautoandac on eBay

I tried to attach their photo but it wouldn't copy.

Thanks

Jim
Old 11-17-2015, 07:58 AM   #8

Thank You Jim

Tags
dash