Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Question Dinette Slide Inside Black Cover Stuck

Since I can't figure out what to search for, here goes........On the inside of our motorhome there is a black cover on a blind like roller that goes in and out when we extend or retract our dinette slide (quad slide). It has become stuck in the full out position and will not retract like it is supposed to. The slide itself is working properly but this black cover directly behind the passenger seat on the back of the slide wood trim is extended completely out and will not retract. This is the slide that raises up and down when extended/retracted.

Has anyone had to repair one of these? We can't figure out how to get the blind roller out to see what it's malfunction is without dismanteling the beautiful wood trim. In fact we can't figure out how to get the wood trim off either. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I expect there are other motorhome manufacturers who used this same mechanism to cover the chain driven mechanisms. I doubt that this is Alpine exclusive.
Marca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Since we had no idea what this mechanism was called, Chuck decided to try to remove it himself to see if there was a part number. With the help of his go-fer, Marca, he was able to remove it and made two attempts at repairing it. When it was determined that the inside roller mechanism was twisted and beyond repair, I took the part number and contacted PPL in Houston, TX. It was a Carefree of Colorado part but of course you can't talk to them directly.

The PPL representative gave me the Carefree phone number so I could check on the part number which was printed on the blind mechanism. I found it is called a Slide Hide, 69". The part number is DI069QBJE01. I then gave the part number to PPL and they ordered the part. It was ordered one week ago today and arrived this afternoon. The cost with shipping was the better part of $200.

Now, we have to wait for the go-fer to get back on her feet (literally) from surgery to assist Chuck in installing the new slide hide as it is definitely a two person job. A few margaritas may be in order also.

Hope your Slide Hide does not fail, but if it does you now know where to get a new one.
Marca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #3

I removed mine several years ago and have not missed it. It's only purpose is to hide the slide mechanism when the slide is closed.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide