Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2005, 09:23 AM   #1

Has anyone installed a dishwasher in a cabinet yet? I am thinking about taking out the hardly ever used propane oven and installing one. The microwave/convection oven handles most baking anyway. And we are tired of placing dirty dishes in the sink till washed.
Also am thinking about putting an apartment sized garbage disposal under and attached to the sink. I can see no problems with the effluent going into the gray water tank and out the hose. Any thoughts on this? It takes a village...........
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2005, 09:23 AM   #2

Has anyone installed a dishwasher in a cabinet yet? I am thinking about taking out the hardly ever used propane oven and installing one. The microwave/convection oven handles most baking anyway. And we are tired of placing dirty dishes in the sink till washed.
Also am thinking about putting an apartment sized garbage disposal under and attached to the sink. I can see no problems with the effluent going into the gray water tank and out the hose. Any thoughts on this? It takes a village...........
Old 11-09-2005, 10:08 AM   #3

There may be a clearance req'mt below the range, so figger that into your space needs for the dishwasher.
As to ground up food in the grey water tank, I wouldn't do that on my rig. The place for meaningful amounts of "solids" is in the black tank, but even if I could make that happen for disposal effluent, food waste is an invitation to clogs & the sort of appurtenant back-up flowages I'd rather not have in my coach (been there w/out the disposal & its not fragrant in a good way).
Old 11-09-2005, 10:28 AM   #4

I installed a dish drawer in my 05 without an oven. It is quite an involved process but very doable. The walls inside the cabinets need to be moved the floor above the bottom drawer is at the right height. Buy the Y adappter for the sink drain from WRV ( it may be available localy but I could not find it).
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:36 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Mike. The dishwasher is fine, if it fits, but I wouldn't do a garbage disposal on an RV. The gray tank is just not the place to put heavier stuff and you can't reroute it to the black tank so I'd recommend passing on that one. If you were dead set on it anyway, I'd at least consider a tank-flush system to attempt to clean it out.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 04:03 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
We had a dishwasher installed in our 36' 05 when we were in Yakima for the rally. It fit in quite well and we only lost two drawers below the stove top. It took the service center all day to install the unit and they charged us $1600 to do it. Unfortunately we lost the cherry front as it was in the factory when the fire started, We still do not have a front for the unit.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote