RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-26-2020, 11:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Anthon View Post
[ATTACH]Hushmat
Quite a variety of brands, quite similar in spec. I used FatMat in two cars, sofar, as its pricing was most attractive.

I'm uncertain that heat rejection (Corvette tranny tunnel) was all that great, but the applique's mass altered the natural harmonics of the panels, and the perceived sound level.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2020, 12:46 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
I wanted to have the best adhesion possible that I could find. Using a laser temp gun on the foam portions left in place inside and out, I found there was minimal difference between foam and the hushmat style. Whatever you think is best.

There is a big clearance difference between the body and turbo between my picture and yours in your other post on turbo leakage. Must be from year to year design changes I am assuming. PM me if you would like to go over it in detail.

You have made great progress.
Bruce Anthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:46 PM   #17

Like Bruce suggested, I recently replaced my old hanging blanket with Hushmat. It was a fairly simple installation, the stuff really sticks. I did the install partly from the rear and partly from inside under the step. I also did the inside of the wooden step area, I haven't had a chance to really try it out yet and see if there is a noticeable difference. I'm thinking it has to be better than the old stuff that was just hanging down.

The hardest part for me was reaching in from the rear, it would have been easier if I was a little taller. To help things stick I used a 3" paint roller on an extension stick from the rear. I found I could get quite a bit of upward pressure and that I could actually use the crossover pipe for leverage. All in all it went well and as is my usual practice, I over bought, so I have enough left over to do my brother's engine compartment.

Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine