Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2007, 04:30 AM   #15

To Jeff and Linda and others who are wondering if we have found out what happened about the engine shut down. We did take our coach to the "new" (since June 06) Cummins facility in Spartanburg, SC. No fault codes showed up on the monitoring system. The only thing found was a loose battery connection on a house battery, so it probably did not cause the engine shut down.

We were going to take the MH to Florida (which would have been a good "test") to be near our relative who was dying of pancreatic cancer. Unfortuately, he took a sudden turn for the worse; and we drove down in our car, as it seemed quicker in the emergency (we got there before his death). We are now home, but we are so worn out from recent events in our family, that we don't plan to take the MH out until the Rally in Hilton Head.

I do want to add that WRV has been VERY RESPONSIVE to our needs (including a more recent one). Max Zacula has called and rechecked in a timely fashion (if I initiated a call, I never had to wait more than one hour for a return call). He has really been good to coordinate with various people about our problems. Also,while we were gone,Dave Avila called and left three messages trying to contact us. He then contacted us via our cell phone while we were still in Florida. I want to say I think this reponse is excellent! I would doubt any other manufacture's service department would do as well. Most, when they didn't hear back from us, probably would have just shoved it to the back burner.

For sure, we certainly can't complain about response from WRV, and that has been true ever since we have owned the coach.

Beverly and Buddy
Buddy and Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2008, 03:50 AM   #16

I too have lost power when coasting to a stop. Both times at the end of the day on the final Interstate offramp. I'll try to get an appointment at the local Cummins dealer today and will bring them a print out of this thread. I just recently joined this forum and am so happy I did. Thanks everyone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bigfish:
Engine shut down 3 different times while coasting to a stop on test drives during factory PDI pickup. Izzy (WRV tech) reported they could find anything wrong. Problem did not reoccur until a month later. ENGINE DIED, LOST PWR BRAKES & STEERING WHILE TURNING ONTO a I-80 ON RAMP. Wrestled coach around the corner and coasted to a stop. Engine restarted with no probem. SILVERLEAF INDICATEd ECM MODULE LOST POWER. Took Coach to CUMMINGS MID-STATES POWER in Indy who reported they CLEANED GREASE FROM GND JCT IN BATTERY COMPARTMENT ELECT PANEL & RE-SECURED GND CONNECTION NEAR ENGINE OIL PAN. If thats all they did, then it apparently has resolved my problem with the engine dieing as that was was 12k miles and 13 months ago.
BTF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-29-2008, 04:37 AM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SDPilot
Unfortunately, I am dealing with the same problem right now. My coach is at Cummins where they are trying to trace the intermittent problem. So far, they have replaced the throttle sensor. Got 2 miles from the shop and it happened again. I suspect a loose wire between throttle and engine, but haven't found it yet.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:40 AM   #18

My '05 has a relay labled "IGNITION" in the fuse block located in the battery bay. I don't know how this is connected in the circuit but I would suspect it or the socket connection. I carry a spare which I purchased at an auto parts store.
Wil Rathke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:08 AM   #19

On our Apex the fuel lines were installed incorrectly and fuel was avalible from 2/3's of the tank. The generator would shut down at 1/2 tank. If you are at 1/2 tank it could be a problem. I believe the fuel tanks are from Transfer Flow and are baffled so slosh should not be a problem unless you are trying to pickup fuel near the end of the pickup tube..

Jim
06 Apex
midflajim is offline   Reply With Quote