Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #1

Entry Assist Handle

There is an acrylic assist handle on our 01 Alpine that is severely cracked. I would like to replace it with a chrome or black handle. Any suggestions on where to find such an item and the part number?????
Thanks in advance and HAGD.

Alex
wingtrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingtrike View Post
There is an acrylic assist handle on our 01 Alpine that is severely cracked. I would like to replace it with a chrome or black handle. Any suggestions on where to find such an item and the part number?????
Thanks in advance and HAGD.

Alex

This is from an earlier post (#8 in the Quick Tips and Easy Mods -Alpine Style thread) by Mike and Mike. They seem to have a source/part number for you:
Replace your Exterior Grab Handle

The chrome of our exterior Grab Handle was pitting and I couldn't polish it to the point where it wouldn't pit any more. So, I wanted to replace it. After much searching on the Internet, I found a website that had Grab Handles. I thought I saw the one I needed but after phoning them, I was told I actually needed one that was not shown on the web site.

Source
Fleming Sales
2101 Industrial Parkway
PO Box 277
Elkhart, IN 46515
574-295-0234
Attn: Andie (a nice lady and steered me in the right direction when I was almost going to buy the wrong model. Give her lots of information to work with and she'll fix you up.)

If you're nervous about selecting the correct bar, you might want to check their 'return policy' before you order. I didn't, but in the end, everything was perfect.

The one I bought, which was an exact factory replacement, was their model 5500-LE. Price complete, with lighted bar and engraving is about $69.00. Deduct $8 if not lighted and deduct another $8 if not engraved. Engraving of 16 characters and spaces can be done in 5 colors: Black, Bright Green, Red, Black, Brown. The bar only (no chrome mounts with engraving is $39.45 and without engraving is $21.15. Shipping is extra and seems to be a maximum of $13.50 via UPS Ground.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is a thread with many options. Newmar people are always looking for replacements.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";677829]Here[B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/acrylic-assist-handle-56954.html
is a thread[/URL][/B] with many options. Newmar people are always looking for replacements.
FYI: The OP has an Alpine, not a Newmar. Don't know if the fittings would be 100% compatible from a Newmar. OP probably doesn't want to drill new holes and patch old ones.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I know he had a Alpine the sticks can be cut to fit for any handle setup.
The replacements are not only for Newmars.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote