Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2013, 04:01 AM   #1

Finally found it!

Hello , well I posted several months ago about getting a 2006 Alpine 34FDDS but it all fell through and have been considering other brands, Newmar and Tiffin. I actually liked the Newmar and almost got one. Then a 2008 34FDDS came available and now I own it!!! Well almost, I am going to pick it up on Jan. 6th. I have a deposit put down. It is a bute! Just what I wanted and the price was outstanding. The wait was worth it.
Now what are the things to be on the look out for on the 2008's? This thing has the 425hp Cummings! It has a lot of extras and I am really excited to be getting it. I will be retiring in 15 months and will get to put it on the road. I willl be using it on close parks around here to get used to all the things on the motor coach. I have some pictures if I can figure out how to post them. I will be asking a lot of questions when I get the coach and try to figure things out.

Thanks for this forum!!!
Vtxbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2013, 04:11 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Congrats. Enjoy and do post pics when you figure it out.
This should help.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:49 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats on your purchase. Hope you enjoy all your up and coming adventures. We'll be waiting for those pics. Until then I'll have some
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Congrats on the new coach! By chance was it the one in Newcastle, CA?
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Congrats on the new coach. Hope you have many happy trips.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtxbiker View Post
Hello , well I posted several months ago about getting a 2006 Alpine 34FDDS but it all fell through and have been considering other brands, Newmar and Tiffin. I actually liked the Newmar and almost got one. Then a 2008 34FDDS came available and now I own it!!! Well almost, I am going to pick it up on Jan. 6th. I have a deposit put down. It is a bute! Just what I wanted and the price was outstanding. The wait was worth it.
Now what are the things to be on the look out for on the 2008's? This thing has the 425hp Cummings! It has a lot of extras and I am really excited to be getting it. I will be retiring in 15 months and will get to put it on the road. I willl be using it on close parks around here to get used to all the things on the motor coach. I have some pictures if I can figure out how to post them. I will be asking a lot of questions when I get the coach and try to figure things out.

Thanks for this forum!!!
Welcome to our Alpine family!! There are many Alpine experts here on this forum, and I know you will get lots of help.

There is also a national club for Alpine owners that you might want to check out at www.alpinecoachassociation.com. And, we have regional clubs that are active in several areas of the country...Southern California/Nevada, Northern California/Nevada, the Northwest and the East. If you would like information on one of these, just let us know here, and we can point you in the right direction. Attending rallies held by these clubs is also a great way to get to know your new coach better. I always say that all you need to do is open a bay, your engine compartment or your gen slide and stick your head in to attract a group of 4 to 6 guys that will be eager to help!

gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good things come to those who wait.
ENJOY !!
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #8

No the coach is in Pensacola,Florida. I have tried to attach some pics. Hope they are viewable!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00003.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	52897   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00014.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	52898  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00001.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	52899  
Old 12-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #9

Very impressive! Love the colors. Can't go wrong with Cummins....bullet proof. 425 awesome! Enjoy
Old 12-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
very nice coach,i know just how you feel,got mine about two months ago,loved looking at it at the dealership.Then a few days later they said well it's yours,never been so scared in my ho life.I mean I test drove it (around a couple of blocks)but now I had to drive this thing home 110 miles.Well scared to death but that went ok,got it home,played with buttons for three days(that was great,did''nt have to drive it).Then the first week of November we took our first trip.It was about 400 miles,thats all it took,now I cant wait to drive it.You will love yours.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #11

I am sure you will love it. We love ours.

I also want to second what Gail said above. ACA and the regional Alpine clubs are a great way to meet fellow Alpine owners and gets lots of advice on issues with the coach as well as lots of ideas of where to go with it! It is a great group of people.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:26 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Congratulations and what a beautiful coach. We purchased ours Sept. 2012 and have been learning all of the systems at the same time enjoying the coach as well. You will find this site to be a great resource of information and the people ever so helpful in any issues and questions.
Happy New Year !
Old 01-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #13

Congrats.. we love ours which is just like yours except diff color.. I suggest an extended warranty and a towing policy also.. or put money in a side account . You will enjoy talking to Engineer Mike if you have problems.. He is a valuable man in our club. We added MSD shades installed by Redlands Truck and RV to ours and love them. Mel and Lorene
Melorene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorene View Post
Congrats.. we love ours which is just like yours except diff color.. I suggest an extended warranty and a towing policy also.. or put money in a side account . You will enjoy talking to Engineer Mike if you have problems.. He is a valuable man in our club. We added MSD shades installed by Redlands Truck and RV to ours and love them. Mel and Lorene
Hello Mel an Lorene, I have to ask why you reccommend the extended warranty? Have you had problems with yours ? If so I would be very curious as to what they were so I can be prepared. I understand the towing cause stuff happens and I have the Good Sam's roadside assistance. I have heard it may not be the best but I got the insurance through Good Sam's and it was easy to get the roadside plan. I would like any input on any other plan that is recommended. I am new to this and I appreciate advice and sometimes heed it! Yes I have been reading this forum for several months and have seen Engineer Mikes posts and his help with problems and I am sure he and I will be talking alot!! I have to get the Rv first to ask an intelligent question.

Thanks for this Forum