Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2005, 12:52 PM   #1

Ask and you shall receive.
We picked up our Apex on Friday morning and spent the rest of the day doing the company PDI. We had a list of about 20 items long but most of that list was questions I had about the Advanced Silverleaf system. Things needing correction included:
Bay with coax connection had no hole for egress of the cable.
Solution: cut small hole into rear bay that has a screw enclosure on the floor. Completed project looked very professional and as if it was built that way from the start.

Stove top cover, when leaned on, flipped up. WE wanted that fixed so the top would not flip up when being pushed on.

Solution: Place blocks under front portion and support strips on the back of the front cover. Finish is professional and the solution works great.

Silverleaf not functioning perfectly. Replaced.

HWH not working perfectly, brain being replaced.

My biggest complaint was that I had been told that the RCA Direct receiver would convert to dish with little problem. The RCA does not convert according to Dish folks. So the majority of the time this week has been changing the Direct system out and replacing it with the dish receiver. No small task I guess.

In summary at this point the overall fit and finish were superior. Cooperation and perserverence has been wonderful and solutions have been accomplished in a professional manner.
We will keep you informed if anything else comes up.

Lyle n Cath
Proud owner of the 1st Apex off the line
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2005, 12:52 PM   #2

Ask and you shall receive.
We picked up our Apex on Friday morning and spent the rest of the day doing the company PDI. We had a list of about 20 items long but most of that list was questions I had about the Advanced Silverleaf system. Things needing correction included:
Bay with coax connection had no hole for egress of the cable.
Solution: cut small hole into rear bay that has a screw enclosure on the floor. Completed project looked very professional and as if it was built that way from the start.

Stove top cover, when leaned on, flipped up. WE wanted that fixed so the top would not flip up when being pushed on.

Solution: Place blocks under front portion and support strips on the back of the front cover. Finish is professional and the solution works great.

Silverleaf not functioning perfectly. Replaced.

HWH not working perfectly, brain being replaced.

My biggest complaint was that I had been told that the RCA Direct receiver would convert to dish with little problem. The RCA does not convert according to Dish folks. So the majority of the time this week has been changing the Direct system out and replacing it with the dish receiver. No small task I guess.

In summary at this point the overall fit and finish were superior. Cooperation and perserverence has been wonderful and solutions have been accomplished in a professional manner.
We will keep you informed if anything else comes up.

Lyle n Cath
Proud owner of the 1st Apex off the line
Datastorm #3481
Old 11-23-2005, 02:04 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Hello Lyle n Cath:

Congratulations and I am envious. I can not wait to see the APEX again I do like the bells and whistles. Again Congratulations and hope to see you at one of the Rallies.

Dave
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:26 PM   #4

Thanks Trailblazers,

Please post your Dish solution so that I can request the same for our coach.

Thanks again,

Paul & Dale
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 06:06 AM   #5

Dave we will be at Quartzsite and you and anyone else are certainly welcome to come aboard and tour.

Paul & Dale my strong advice is to have them do it during construction not post. They removed the two RCA receivers and had to rewire and rebuild the face plates for the components and I bought the fantastic 920 That has everything the RCA does and more including a billzillion hours of digital recording. Its HD and pic are like looking at a 35mm slide.
Somebody had more insight than I and had dish ordered from the gate.
You know I gotta tell you these service guys and engineers are great. They vowed that they would have dish up and running by Thanksgiving and they worked late every night this week to make it happen. About 1830 last night we had a more beautiful crystal clear picture than our HDTV plasma at home. Oh and we got credit for the receivers they took out.
My hats are off to them. At this point I would give customer service a 12 out of 10.
Datastorm #3481
Old 11-24-2005, 07:43 AM   #6

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
Dishnet receivers:
We ordered our Apex (delivery 4 January06)with the Dishnet 942 receiver to replace the two DirectTV units.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/product_brochu...42_Prod_SheetWeb.pdf

I could not find the 920 on the Internet so I have no way to compare the two. The 942 is also an awesome unit. Check it out.

Lyle & Cath: Keep the info coming. You are the first to travel a path that many of us have to follow.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 02:29 PM   #7

You could not find a 920 because there isn't one. I oops because ours is like yours a 942. Its great isn't it. Will keep you informed along the way.
Datastorm #3481
Old 11-24-2005, 04:34 PM   #8

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">because ours is like yours a 942 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good! WRV will have lots of experience with this receiver by the time we go through in January.

I notice it has no smart card. How did you get it activated? Simple phone call?
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 05:45 PM   #9

It has a built in smart card that we did not notice for a while. It did take phone calls, simple? You have got to be kidding. There is this little thing called a phone line that evidently has to be connected to the receiver for its initial down load. So they had to tear the unit out of the coach take it into the offices and plug it into a phone line for down load. In order to see if it was actually downloading we had to get a tv and connect it to the receiver. By that time I think we were on our 3rd or 4th call for this day. Then we had to get on the phone again after we took the receiver back out to the coach so Dish could finally read the dish and establish authority to receive programming. This is why you are fortunate to have ordered the unit from the beginning. Just ask Dave, Izzy or Fred if you have any questions when you get your coach.

On a different note we LOVE the dishwasher. It takes less water than doing dishes by hand. It runs very quiet and does a great job.
Datastorm #3481
Old 11-25-2005, 04:46 PM   #10

Great idea on the stove cover. Had friends over this week & both I and they flipped the stove cover when leaning on it.
Tell WRV that Radio Shack sells phone cord in lengths w/jacks @ both ends; they can run a line out to the service bay w/an R11 female jack, then run the coil from wall jack to coach to do the programming "in-situ". A 50 footer should reach into the coach from under the stairway or from the south service bay wall.
Hope things continue well. You must be proud parents.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:09 AM   #11

That's a very good idea EMike and I will tell them. I think it is something that they are going to have to get used to because There are several Dish devotees out there. The stove cover is really great.
Datastorm #3481
Old 12-15-2005, 02:09 PM   #12

Lyle 'n Cathy,

We just sent our 942 HD receiver to WRV so that they can engineer it into our new coach. Any problems with your installation now that you've been using it?

Merry Christmas,

Paul & Dale
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:37 PM   #13

Hey guys how ya' doin'?
All the bugs got worked out and the last time we watched tv we switched sats very easily and we had like HD reception on any channel we watched. I think that building yours in from the start will work much nicer for you. And the guys at WRV learned how to do it on ours. And, that is OK because we realize that in many ways this is a NEW coach and there is a learning curve for everybody WRV and Owners.
Have a very merry Christmas we will see everyone at QZ.
Lyle & Cath
Datastorm #3481