Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2019, 03:44 PM   #1

Flexsteel Seat Upholstery

Just curious if anybody has replaced the upholstery on their driver or passenger seat. Our seats are a little bit broken down, the foam is out of shape and lacks support. We are trying to decide whether to buy the whole replacement seat cover from Flexsteel or take them to a shop and have them rebuilt. They're still pretty comfortable but are showing their age.

Also, does anybody have have the correct numbers for the passenger seat? We have the paper slip from the bottom of the drivers seat. The passenger seat paper work is missing. Do all Alpines have the same seats? Ours are 23"w driver and 27"w passenger and are that creamy off white color.

Thanks, Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2019, 10:38 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Terry,
We replaced our seat arms earlier today. Don't have the color name but got the replacement arms through Dave and LJ's Custom RV Interiors in Woodland WA. They should be able to tell you the color name.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:08 AM   #3

There should be a manufacturers tag which is usually on the underside of the seat which will have the info for your seats. Don't remove the tag under penalty of law tag may have the info on it.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:36 PM   #4

The big question is, are you going to reproduce the embroidered script "Alpine" lettering?

Our friends in Spokane, reupholstered part of the front seats in their Alpine. They didn't have the lettering embroidered back on. The material was a pretty close match. If they had not told me, I would never have noticed any difference.
Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:52 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
As mentioned above the tag somewhere under seats will identify color and material. We replaced all upholstery and added new foam in the chairs. (all available from Flexsteel)
Seats are like new now.
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:48 PM   #6

I purchased two seat covers, (the part where your butt goes only) and 4 arm rest covers from Flexsteel last spring. My 07 coach, even with the correct tag numbers was "too old" for a direct replacement color/fake leather match. So the lady sent me 4 samples which were close so I could pick the right one. $600.00 later I had what I needed to replace the worn parts. SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS for just the bottom seat cover and arm rests.

My suggestion is to go to a local upholsterer and get him/her to match the material and replace what is needed.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:53 AM   #7

I recently qot a quote from Flexsteel for complete seat skins. I have my tags for both the driver and passenger seat. For the complete set it is $750 per seat. New foam is $250 per seat. I am hesitant to pay this kind of money because I am just not that impressed with durability of "Ultra Leather". They did send me a sample of other kinds of leather and fabric they offer but according to the rep for Flexsteel Ultra is the best.

I did get a quote from a local upholsterer and he wanted $3800 to do both chairs. I really liked the material he had, it wasn't leather but had the look and feel of leather. Compared to Ultra Leather it looked and felt bulletproof.

I also looked at replacing the chairs. Nice Flexsteel replacements can be had for $1500 a piece. Problem is they do not have integrated seat belts. Apparently integrated seat belts are only available to OEM.

So I'm still on the fence. My drivers chair looks pretty bad. Terry if it helps I have attached copies of my tags. I can't believe the chairs are different.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	265409  
Old 10-31-2019, 09:05 AM   #8

All,

We have the Flexsteel build sheet for the for the drivers seat but the passenger sheet is nowhere to be found. My wife was told they need to know the numbers off of both seats. Not sure why. To they look the same except the passenger seat is 4" wider than the driver seat and has a footrest. This came from Brad and Hall.

She has had zero luck with the Flexsteel site but will try again today.

Bucks2,
Were the seat cushions and armrests a DIY job? We got a price of $825 for driver and $975 for the passenger seat for whole new covers. This includes the foam.

Jeff and Cheryl,
We will also try Dave and LJs in WA.

Our seats aren't torn up they're just a little broken down and have lost some shape.

Terry
Old 10-31-2019, 09:13 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Terry, I don't have any numbers from the seats but we opted to have all of ours recovered two years ago in our 2003 Dynasty that had 100k miles on her at the time and were showing some wear. The two couches were in fair condition but the pilot and copilot seats were cracking severely and just didn't look good.

My upholstery guy told me they were the worst seats he has ever done due to the way they were constructed. When I inquired he said they were very rigidly constructed and were not easy to disassemble and recover which made me grateful I didn't tackle them. I do all of my own work but upholstery is something I never cared for so I have a great upholstery guy for that who has done all of our sand toys, street rods and even one other motorhome for us over the years but I don't think I'll ever get him to do another RV for me.

We used Ultraleather on them and they turned out fantastic, but definitely not cheap.

Here are the pilot/co-pilot seats are after picking up from upholstery shop.

Jackknife couch ready to go back in the coach.

Completed and installed.

Mike
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:34 AM   #10

Zmotorsports,

FWIW they look very nice. I know upholstery work is never inexpensive. We had our MH recliner recovered and I believe it was $750 and we furnished the material.

Rick,

Looks like your prices are a little different than ours. I looked at the tag pics you sent and your seats have a customer style of 68020 and 68021, we have a cust style 67730 for the driver seat. DANG!!!

We're still doin research

Terry
Old 10-31-2019, 10:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry W View Post
All,

Bucks2,
Were the seat cushions and armrests a DIY job? We got a price of $825 for driver and $975 for the passenger seat for whole new covers. This includes the foam.

Jeff and Cheryl,
We will also try Dave and LJs in WA.

Our seats aren't torn up they're just a little broken down and have lost some shape.

Terry
I believe it is a DIY. I'm doing the job in the next month or so. Just haven't gotten to it even though I've had the covers for 6 months.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:38 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
I was looking online and my seats are still available from Flexsteel for around $1200.....by the time you buy skins and foam it looks like it would be easier to just buy new seats
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:04 PM   #13

Paul do those chairs have integrated seat belts.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:46 PM   #14

Beautiful job on the seats! Im looking for replacement "Flexsteel" badges for the arms of my seats. Cant seem to locate...….a couple of mine are broken. I think its a pretty common problem.
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote