Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2018, 01:39 PM   #1

Fresh water tank drain

After sanitizing fresh water tank is there a easy way to drain it? 2000 Alpine LE 36FDS.
Thanks, Mark
Mitimet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2018, 02:35 PM   #2

You've got a drain somewhere close to your tank. Look underneath and see if there is a tube sticking out and follow it back to a valve.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #3

Mark,

On my ‘05 there is a T handle in the locking bin behind the propane tank bin. It’s on the left side when you open the door. If it’s there just give it a yank. I believe they’re all in the same place, not certain.

Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:46 AM   #4

Fresh water drain

Thank you all. I drained it once but couldn't remember how . I think it is by propane tank.
Mark
Old 11-17-2018, 02:21 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
Drain water tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitimet View Post
Thank you all. I drained it once but couldn't remember how . I think it is by propane tank.
Mark

This is the first time I have drained the water tank - just bought the coach. I found the drain line in the storage bay where the water pump is. There is a T off the tank outlet line (before water pump) with a drain valve. I opened it but the water drains REALLY slow out to the ground. The line is only about 24" long and there are no obvious obstructions or kinks. Is this just the way an Alpine is or do I need to start pulling fittings in the drain system and looking for something internally clogging the line.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:00 PM   #6

Draining

Open all your faucets and they all seem to drain slow. Good Luck
okie mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:19 PM   #7

..on the 05 and earlier Alpines, there is a t-handle on the side wall in the basement, next to the propane tank. Be careful not to pull too hard as the cable is attached to a 1-1/4 inch slide inch valve by a set screw--but once opened, you can drain the entire tank in just a few minutes. However, on the 06 and newer, the drain is just a 1/2 inch PEX, so it probably takes next to ever.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:42 PM   #8

My 04 has the same T handle in the same location. The valve looks the same as the gray water drain valve. The valve can be seen from the forward basement, curb side. Stick your head inside the basement, look in front of the compartment from the inside. You’ll find it.
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:24 PM   #9

Fresh water drain

To bobkatgifts, my 2000 Alpine 36FDS had the water drain pull "T " handle in the bay next to the propane tank up against the left wall. My 100 gallons drained fast , completely in maybe 5 minutes. I comes out of a like 2in diameter drain hose next to smaller overflow hose. T handle puulyd easy and went back in easy..
Mark
Old 11-18-2018, 06:30 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
As Old Scout mentioned earlier - the 2006 Alpines have a 1/2 drain hose that takes forever to drain. The drain valve is on the wall in the storage bin near the bottom of the tank and well marked. Who knows why somebody at WRV thought this was a good idea? Thanks to all for your input.

Tags
fresh water, tank, water