Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2018, 12:26 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to greenmachine
Front Booth change out on 38FD

I have the 2003 38Fd Alpine and was looking into up grade. I don't like the booth and that was and extra when buying it new. Right now that booth is riding on a stage and My question is if I get rid of the booth and go with table and chairs, can I get rid of the stage its on? I need to look at one that has table and chairs. We our going to get rig of the carpet and wanted to know what I was getting into. Are the tables mounted to the wall? So you need a little carpet under the table to slide in on? Has anyone else done this? Was the original floor a wood grain finish? I'm trying to guest what's under that stage.

Thanks for any input
Larry and Tammy
2003 38FDDS Alpine 350 ISC Cummins
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Boston Ky
greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2018, 08:53 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Larry,

We have the ‘05 38’ FDTS. Look at the floor plan for both your coach and ours, you will see the living room slide area is the same. We have the table and chairs. The table is NOT connected to the wall, it is freestanding and does NOT have a “stage”, the floor is level with the floor under the sofa and carpeted. I removed the sofa and installed a computer cabinet and 2 pantry closets. I have posted pictures in the Alpine mods and quick fix sticker above of the cabinet and wood floor I installed.

If you are going to be at the prerally and/or Perry I will be glad to show you what I have done.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #3

Booth change out

Thank you Dr. Dave. Does the carpet come out from wall, for the table to slide on? I was looking at the pictures Alpine has and I think it wouldn't be to bad of a job. If I got rid of the seats and left the table I'm a tall fellow and I have trouble folding my legs and getting in or out of the booth. What's bad that was a extra for the booth. I'm here in Austin and trying to help my daughter get use to being by herself. I didn't wean them early enough. We are going to head out of here and if we can I want to go to Perry.
Larry and Tammy
2003 38FD Alpine
Boston Ky
Old 02-12-2018, 07:01 PM   #4

We have 36fdts with the table and chairs, the table has a massive mount, mounted to the wall slide out and they must have used 30 screws and a full gun of adhesive to mount it, they also did not get it in the right spot it should be 6 inched forward for us full sized people, it is on a stage with carpet and it's a bit awkward in that you cant slide a chair when seated. we got some smaller chairs from Costco and that helped. the table also has a leaf to make it larger. we still like it better than a booth. Rick
R.Korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:59 AM   #5

Rick do you think you had a Booth and they changed it out. In the 2003 Brochure it shows it on a carpet flat on the floor.
Larry and Tammy
Boston Ky
Old 02-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Front Booth change out on 38FD

Larry/Tammy, here are pictures of the standard table configuration from WRV in 2005 (manufactured the end of 2004), I know because I am the original owner on this coach. There is no attachment to the wall, there are only screws into the floor. The table has a leaf to seat 4 people. There is also a small storage space under the table, we have a Scrabble game in there.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0746.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	192222Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0745.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	192223Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0744.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	192224Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0742.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	192226Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0741.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	192228
Old 02-14-2018, 08:46 AM   #7

Thank You Dr Dave. That's what I'm looking for. Does that carpet that it's setting on have plywood under it. I'm trying to picture the floor sliding in and out. I have the big platform and I was going to remove that. So to bolt the table down there must be plywood under that carpet that is sliding in and out with the slide. I was going to take a trip to Vision here in Ky and just see what they had in those wreck coaches. They are hard to deal with. If you go in on a Saturday the big wheels aren't there and they will try to help. I new where a mirror was and they kept telling me know so I went on a Saturday and got it. Again Thank you and it makes this project doable.
Larry and Tammy
2003 38FD Alpine
Boston Ky
Old 02-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Larry/Tammy, I never removed the carpet, but I am sure it is plywood, I did remove the couch and it and the seatbelt bar were lag screwed into the floor, so I can’t imagine the table is not screwed down.