Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #1

Hey Guys,
Anybody know where to get a replacement front wheel hubcap?
When I bought 'Old Blue', I didn't notice I was missing one!

Also, has anyone self-installed a Dirt Devil Central Vac below the refer? Can the unit be fitted into the space or should it be mounted in the bay below?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Cajun John

2005 Honda Pilot Toad
cajunjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #2

Hey Guys,
Anybody know where to get a replacement front wheel hubcap?
When I bought 'Old Blue', I didn't notice I was missing one!

Also, has anyone self-installed a Dirt Devil Central Vac below the refer? Can the unit be fitted into the space or should it be mounted in the bay below?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Cajun John

2005 Honda Pilot Toad
cajunjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
I had to replace a hubcap about a month ago. I got it from Les Schwab Tires. I don't know if you have Les Schwab, but any large tire store should be able to get you one.

Pull of the other one and look on the inside, I believe is will be marked 4-4-N or N-4-4.

We like our Dirt Devil, but did not self install. We just traded in our Alpine Coach and had a Dirt Devil installed in our Country Coach when we did the trade.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #4

Any truck stop like Flying-J will have the hub caps.

The central vac system is installed in the basement close to the TV outlet.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #5

If you have the room take a look at Inter vac. We like it a lot better than the Dirt Devil. It is self contained within the motorhome so you do not have to go outside to change the bag and we feel it is a better vacuum all around.www.intervacdesign.com.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #6

If you are jealous of your storage space, the below-floor mounting allows location of the vac unit on the basement ceiling where the volume is otherwise unusable. Might be harder to change bags there, but you don't give up easy-access, interior space.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:00 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
In our 40 MDTS, the dirt devil is installed in the ceiling of the driver's side large storage bay just forward of the water/sewer service bay. On the 40 FDQS, it's on the passenger side, in the compartment where the cable in line & outside TV hooks up. Cannot speak for other models. Its ok for when you're on the road, but for real cleaning, we bring out the house vacuum when we get home.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:01 AM   #8

Many Flying J gas stations carry the hub cap that the Alpine uses.
Chuck Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #9

Inter Vac Need recent info on Model H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted III View Post
If you have the room take a look at Inter vac. We like it a lot better than the Dirt Devil. It is self contained within the motorhome so you do not have to go outside to change the bag and we feel it is a better vacuum all around.www.intervacdesign.com.
We are considering ordering the Inter Vac and would appreciate any responses from people that have used this vac system for a while. Thank you for all responses.
Tenn.nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #10

I would suggest removing the remaining hub cap and comparing the replacements to it. I had a '99 and the tabs on the hub cap were an odd spacing and I had to do a fair amount of searching to find a replacement at the truck stops. I seem to remember that it had 5 tabs of unequal spacing.
Wil Rathke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #11

Inter-vac

Norman, some 30 years ago we did some motorhoming and I put an InterVac in the 1st motorhome. 2nd one came with it. Went to boating and all 3 of them had it. We have two in our townhouse now. Anymore questions? We think they are marvelous. They do take up more room than the Dirt Devil because they are all within but for my money if you have the room go for it. I did notice on their website that they do have external outlets so you can mount the unit in your basement although the bag changing could be an issue. They are a phenomonal vacuum.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:35 AM   #12

I bought spare hub caps at FJ for about $7.00 and modified them to fit using sheet-metal nips.
Compared to the high cost of the better ones that may again become part of the landscape, these are bargains.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #13

InterVac

Ted III, Thank you so much for your reply. You have helped us make up our minds. We are definitely going to purchase the InterVac model H. People like you are the reason iRV2 is so successful.
Tenn.nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmpe View Post
I bought spare hub caps at FJ for about $7.00 and modified them to fit using sheet-metal nips.
Compared to the high cost of the better ones that may again become part of the landscape, these are bargains.
I just bought two replacements at two different Flying J's for $5 each, and no modification was necessary. They have one with 4 slots and one with 5 slots. The one with 4 slots fit the wheel on my '04 perfectly. As somebody else pointed out, make sure they have the clips.

I agree, they are not as good as the originals, but good enough for me. At least for now.