Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2016, 09:16 AM   #1

Question Furnace Filter?

Does the Furnace have an Air Filter like a home unit? I was replacing the A/C filters and thought about the furnace. All indications are that I have to access under the fridge. I searched the forums and never saw anything, so I am thinking not?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #2

No.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:33 AM   #3

Thank you.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:25 AM   #4

Some of us long time owners have installed a filter at the fresh air intake under the refrig and that necessitates blocking incoming air flow from other areas in that compartment.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:57 AM   #5

RV furnace air flow requirements are critical to proper functions

RV furnace air flow is just barely sufficient to sustain proper functions

Install any filter on return air and you take the chance of restricting the barely adequate air flow which can cause furnace to 'overheat' and the high temp switch to open shutting down furnace until heat exchanger cools down and then furnace refires cause t-stat set point has not been satisfied.
This is called 'limiting'===burner cycling on/off from high temp limit switch opening/closing
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:30 PM   #6

Don't wish counter your excellent point. Those of us who have owned an Alpine since the early days had the pleasure of knowing Lowell Potvin who had 3 Alpines and was and owned an HVAC company. He provided some of us with a kit so we could install a filter. Mine has been in use for at least 10 or 12 years and my furnace has always performed without incident. One qualification on that is that I no longer usually travel where a furnace is needed very much.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:36 PM   #7

John, after hearing so many stories about your early days in northern climes, and having taken your child-bride with you to work in Wisconsin, in the winter; I always suspect you were kind of "geographically-challenged." Glad to see that you have finally overcome that affliction and now spend most of your time south of the perma-frost line.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace