Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #1

i have a fuse box in the head area on my 2006 36ft. is there a fuse box anywhere else. i think that there should be. thank you.
woodinboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #2

i have a fuse box in the head area on my 2006 36ft. is there a fuse box anywhere else. i think that there should be. thank you.
woodinboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Well, you will find a connector board and fuse box in the HWH pump bay. You will find another in the Tank bay-Passenger side aft of center of the coach I think. There might be more, those are the only two I have run across beside the one under the bathroom sink area.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:26 AM   #4

Assume the 2006 still has the muilti-fuse blocks behind the wall cover (under dash} directly in front of the passenger seat....

PS -- the fuses in yr head area in the 36' are the same as the ones under the sink in the 40'
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #5

There is another fuse block on the back wall of battery compartment.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #6

E-Mike,

Do you know if any of the fuses in the fuse block on the back wall of the battery compartment are fuses for a 10 amp solar panel for the chassis batteries? I'm still trying to find the fuse for the 10 amp solar panel (not the 100 watt solar panel for house batteries).

Thanks--
Former Owner, 2005 Tioga 31M and Arctic Fox 22GQ
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:59 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
OldForester,

On our '07, the wire for the 10 amp solar panel, connected to the large post on the back of the battery compartment.

See #10 red wire coming out of hole at upper right with the battery cables, connecting to the right post with red battery cables connected to the chassis batteries. It had no fuse, as shown in this photo. I added an inline fuse when I installed a 10 watt panel. The wire was installed by the factory and ended just inside the coach where the wires went through the roof for the 100 watt panel.
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #8

The fuse block in my batt bay has a small diagram next to it showing the 10A fuse in the middle row, second from left is for "solar panel." Doesn't indicate any difference tween the 10watt panel and the 100 watter.

The wires to/from the charge controller in the electrical panel in the toilet room of the 36 footer bypass the 12V fuse block there. Looks like you could jab in a fuse there easily enough.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:15 PM   #9

Dgerstel, Jeff S, and E-Mike:

Thanks for your pictures and your ideas on the fuse for the 10 watt solar panel. I have looked all over my battery compartment and can't find a specific wire coming from my 10 watt panel installed by WRV. The 100 watt panel has a wire through the charge controller in the toilet room, but the 10 watt panel doesn't have a wire to this controller or to any other controller I can find.

In the battery compartment, I can't find a specific wire coming from the solar panel directly to the common post for the chassis batteries. I am going back to the coach with my multimeter and see if I can find a charge voltage somewhere getting to the chassis batteries when the power is disconnected.

I see the wires coming from the 10 watt panel into the roof, but that's where it stops. I'm beginning to wonder if the 10 watt panel was ever hooked up by WRV, since it was an add-on, or if it was just wire dead-ended in my ceiling somewhere.

I'll keep the search up and let you know.

E-Mike, since you had an '06, did you have a fuse block above the house batteries with about 10 or so fuses in them, and none of them marked? I have that block, with some wires leading to the chassis post and an incoming batch of wires in a nice bundle (not an add-on) but none of the fuses are marked. Perhaps your memory or somebody else's with an '06 will help me understand if one of those fuses might be for the 10 watt chassis solar panel.

Thanks for all your help.

When I look
Old 08-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #10

Dgerstel,

I re-looked at your picture and see the same fuse block above the batteries that I asked E-Mike about and it appears to be un-marked as well. That's the fuse block I questioned in the previous post. Obviously your solar panel wire didn't go through it.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldForester:
I'm beginning to wonder if the 10 watt panel was ever hooked up by WRV, since it was an add-on, or if it was just wire dead-ended in my ceiling somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>OldF',

Make sure you read my update to your original post, Solar Panel for Chassis Batteries.

Specifically, Steps #2-&gt;#4: On the roof, verify the voltage on the wire that goes down to the batteries without the solar panel connected. If the wire is "dead-ended" somewhere there will be no voltage. If the wire has +12VDC then it is connected to "something".

Like I wrote in an earlier thread: "Got to read each reply in all of the threads, if you miss one ... "
Jeff_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #12

Jeff S,

Good points on steps #2 - 4. I will verify the voltage by disconnecting the solar panel and see if I can find a voltage or to see if it is dead-ended.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #13

Bill-
On our 08 there is a small schematic on the back wall just left of the fuse block. Can't recall if that was on the 06 also, but it is obscured by some other cabling (see Dales pic above for the same condition of cabling to left of fuse block; can't see if Dale has the schematic due to glare & the cabling). I had to push the cabling aside to read what's what. In case y'all don't have the schematic the array is:
Top Row, left to right:
30A brkr ABS Pump
20A fuse Reefer
10A fuse Ign-Alt/Air Tank
5A fuse Ign-Eng

Middle row, left to right:
25A fuse ABS-Bat
10A fuse Solar Panel
30A fuse Eng-Bat
5A fuse Ign-Trans

Bottom row, left to right:
15A fuse Aux-Bat
space
10A fuse Trans-Bat
5A fuse Ign-ABS
Old 08-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #14

Mike,

Thanks for identifying the fuses in this block for me on your coach. I don't have any schematics of this fuse block. Now that I have yours, I'll try to chase these down with my meter. I suspected the 10A fuse in middle row might be solar panel, but since I have the standard factory 100w solar panel and my add-on at the factory 10w chassis solar panel, I'll have to determine if that chassis solar panel has a different path or a different fuse, or if this is the fuse for the 100w panel. I'll try Jeff's method and also cross check this with my meter and see if I can chase it down.

It's a big help; sure wish WRV had been more specific on this wiring and been more clear and more standard on the solar panel wiring in the battery compartment. Mine is fairly different from the pictures of DGerstel and Jeff S.

I just haven't had quite the time because I'm building a new house right now and trying to sell my current house at the same time, and checking on my coach when I have time.

Thanks again -- this forum is great!

Bill