Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2021, 08:28 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29847 View Post
when I turn your photo over and blow it up some it looks like the circled fuse says refer.

Agree.

I was referring to top photo in post #2 that shows breakers.

Clearly we have to very different electrical layouts being discussed here.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2021, 12:35 PM   #16

Found it!

Thanks to all for the help. After cleaning the dirt off the labels on panel at the back of the battery bay, it did in fact say refer.
PitMan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:44 PM   #17

I also noticed that the label called for a 20A fuse and there was a 30A fuse in the panel. If that 30A fuse is blown, younger to find out why.
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:43 AM   #18

Something to keep in mind for any suspected blown fuse. I lost power to my cord reel a few months ago, checked the fuse in the 12v panel under bathroom sink, reel fuse was good. Looked around for an in line fuse, non found. I went back to the fuse panel and checked each fuse and found one blown. Both fuses were the same size, once I replaced it the reel worked fine. I don't remember how the label read but the wires were on the wrong lugs. I swapped the wires around to match the label.

Just a reminder to not take the labels as gospel!!

Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:28 AM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29847 View Post
when I turn your photo over and blow it up some it looks like the circled fuse says refer.
Mine is the same. Not sure why I have 2 fuses marked refer. Mine was buried under a bundle of wires and after moving the I found the same 20a fuse.
Old 06-21-2021, 06:56 PM   #20

The only chassis wiring schematic I have is a 2005m.y., it shows the 20A fuse for Refer in the batt compartment fuse block w/a #12 red wire labeled REFER running from the fuse to a pigtail out of the main chassis loom at the same point the rear left & right ABS speed sensors exit the loom; that wire continues out of the main loom for an unspecified length, ending in a bare end to be connected to a wire to the fridge, guessing thru a butt splice connector. I learned something new today: WRV ran a yellow #10 wire from the House Batt disconnect hot side into that fuse block to feed that 20A fuse, then #12 red REFER wire out to the fridge. I always thought that fuse was powered by the chassis batteries, but there it is in teeny weeny itsy bitsy minuscule print. And, I field verified the #10 yellow on my rug on the hot side of the Chassis disconnect. So the fridge has to be manually shut down, and the reason that on most rigs the Chassis disconnect won't do it is because there is a House feed into the fuse block that pretends to contain all chassis stuff.

For '09 rigs, sounds like they may have installed the old batt compartment fuse block & decal but moved toward pulling refer 12v from a fuse in the tank bay below the fridge (makes sense for less wire).

For '03 and prior rigs, WRV used self resetting breakers on the ceiling of the batt compartment as shown in Andy's photo.

PitMan51's photo shows a 30A and 10A self resetting breaker in the Refer & Solar fuse block positions respectively.

Tags
fuse, refrigerator