Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraig View Post
Marvin- One question, do you have the 400 Cummins?

On the extra hose, I replaced it to down inside the frame and put in a shut off and connected to old hose. I may shut it off and see what happens. Once it goes into frame foam insulation on rear bulk head, cant see where it goes.
My hoses went from engine to AquaHot (1 in and 1 out) and from engine to front cab heater (1 in + 1 out). The two return lines (out) were connected together over the tag axle thru a Y connector. I only had to replace the two hoses to the Aqua Hot and yes they did go thru the frame just up in front of the tag axle. They do go thru there between the water tanks to eventually reach the AquaHot which is just in front of the tanks (next compartment). If you rip the spray foam you will hopefully be able to pull the new hose with the new. I was not so lucky, I had to enlarge the hole and I left the old hoses in there as they were tied with ti-wraps. I had to fish the new lines tru. I then re sprayed the hole and put a bunch of acoustic sealer on top of that dressing. Lots of dirty work...
I put my two shut offs at the engine. Note that I dug myself a 3 foot wide by 3 foot deep trench in my yard to use as a pit, made the job a ton easier and safer.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2015, 07:44 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
I'm thinking about adding shutoff valves on the five hose connections on my engine block (like others have). Seems like a good preemptive move with all the heater hoses we have running for and aft. I'd prefer to place the valves on the block itself however, instead of inline.

My question is does anyone know if the engine block nipple fittings are removable or are they a permanent press fit? If removable, what size thread?

I haven't lost any coolant yet but I can hear the clock ticking as I drive down the road!

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:23 PM   #31

You could call Cummins with your serial number and they should be able to tell you. If it were mine, I would be little nervous as the nipples could be rusted in. The ones on the front of the engine you probably couldn't screw in valves as there is not enough clearance. if you don't want to change out the whole hoses, I would just buy heavy duty truck and bus hose and run from the a foot or two and put your shut off valves on. Also you should label the valves. This spring I had coolant leak on my hydro hot. Since I wasn't sure where it was coming from, I shut off all my valves and was able to drive it home.
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:08 AM   #32

Hey guys,

I have my alternator out at the moment and I'm thinking I should at least replace the hoses that are located behind the alt. Not that it's a job that I had in mind at the moment, I'm trying to get a couple of other issues taken care of. I am wondering if all of the hose, Hyro Hot and cab heat, are 5/8' inch. Removing the alt wasn't a huge deal, but it's the old two birds scenario. I will replace with Gates Green Stripe.

Thanks, Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater