Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #1

Help with Alpine hydraulics

I just got the 2007 Alpine 36FDTS back from having the rear slide hydraulics worked on again and now I have no hydraulics - except the generator slide -, no water pump, radio, overhead lights (plugged into 110 now), tank gauges. I've checked every fuse/circuit breaker I could find and all seem ok. Everything, except the burst bedroom slide hydraulic line, worked fine before I took it in to be fixed. My guess is that they pulled a fuse or wire or circuit breaker and forgot to redo it and I'm 150 miles away now.
Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks,,
Clark
ClarkBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #2

Have you checked the Cole-Hersey switch just inside the entry door? What you are describing appears to be tha chassis electrical switch is turned off
Dave&Kacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Clark,

The switch that David is talking about, on your coach is on the back wall of the battery compartment. It is the bottom, of 3 switches. The top and bottom should be on and the middle one off. If that isn't it PM me and I will check my coach for what fuses may be causing your problem.
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #4

Thanks for the help.
I did have the cutoff switches correctly positioned but what finally solved (scares me to use the word) the problem is when I reset the Inverter.
Everything seems to be back to normal.

Clark
Old 05-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Clark,

All of the things that you said were not working were 12 volt and I really can't think of how resetting the inverter would fix that. Can you think of anything else that you did before it started working again? For instance, turning off and then back on the house batteries switch.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #6

Dale....

Yes I did turn on and off the House batteries switch a couple of times and the last time I turned on the middle switch that links the house and chassis batteries and that's when everything seemed to work.
Could I have reset or cleared something when I linked everything with that switch?

Clark
Old 05-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #7

Dale...

I just went out to check to see how I left it and I had the top switch off and the middle and bottom switches on. I turned on the top switch (house) and turned off the middle switch and everything I mentioned stopped working. Then I turned the middle switch back on and everything is back working.
Any ideas what is going on?

Clark
Old 05-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #8

House batteries may be too low to function. Check the Xantrex panel, PS-front-overhead. If you are hooked up to shore power it should show charging. What are the charge amps & the battery voltage?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #9

Good morning EMike....

120V and 11A and yes, I'm on shore power.

Clark
Old 05-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #10

Should also have values for the battery 12V voltage & charging. If that was the problem, and you've been charging on shore power for a day, the problem should be licked unless the batteries are n.g.
If batteries check out, call a real engineer, cuz my theory's not working.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Clark,
I told you wrong earlier in this thread. The switches on mine are: top is House, middle is emergency jump and the bottom is the chassis. The middle switch should always be left off and never used to jump with a starting load. Its only/main use is to start up the Vansco, it the chassis batteries are dead, so that the dash battery jump switch can be used. I wonder if your switches are wired wrong!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #12

Mike and Dale.....

The batteries are brand new Interstate Golf Cart type.
Last week I had two more leaking rear slide hydraulic hoses replaced and the problems only appeared after the work was done.
I'm back in Jacksonville (OR) and my wife is in the Alpine and she says that when she turns the center switch off and leaves the top and bottom on then she loses all the overhead lights, HydroHot, jacks, slides, tank gauges again. The Alpine has been on shorepower for over 24 hours now. Hmmm?

Clark
Old 05-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #13

If you have an ohm meter, check the big fuses on the upper left back wall of the battery compartment. HWH service might have blown one, and when you connect both banks w/the center switch you might be jumping around the fuse (my new theory).
Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
I think that Mike has it. I just looked at the battery wiring diagram he gave me and see that the 250 amp house/HWH fuse could be blown. If the middle jumper switch is on, it will bypass that fuse and allow the system to work. That is probable why WRV didn't want it left on.

On an other note I found the elusive 2 spare wires and the tow brake wire on my coach. I wrote a lengthy post on it and hit a WRONG key-button and lost it all. I seem to try and type faster than I really can, this causes me much grief. I will re-do it when I get over the funk from the loss of all of my hard typing.