Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-16-2022, 05:27 PM   #1

Help with front television removal

Ok, we have a 34fdds with the upgraded hdtv. It’s surrounded on the bottom with a really nice metal shroud that also holds some sort of large object that’s about the size of an old vhs player but it’s not. Anyway, for the life of me I can’t figure a good way to remove the tv without unbolting the entire thing and Hoping it doesn’t just all drop onto the dash.

Appreciate some advice if you have or done this before.
WMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2022, 05:33 PM   #2

Please post a picture.

If this is a center mount between the driver and passenger, mine was on an articulating arm that pulled out. I was able to unbolt it by myself as it wasn't that heavy. Regardless it would help if you could share a picture.
Iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 07:05 AM   #3

I removed mine a couple of years ago so Iím going on what I kind of remember. Iím sure somebody else will jump in and help also.

As I recall I started with the bottom cover, the one with holes for venting. Once it was removed it opened up the back and gave a better view of what is going on inside. Once you get a couple of the panels out of the way itís pretty straightforward. I seem to remember taking that control box out first and everything became obvious.

I donít recall any major issues with the removal but the tv itself is a little awkward and it helps to have an extra set of hands for a couple of the steps.

I hope this helps a little
Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:25 AM   #4

Here are pics of the unit and the metal lower surround. Iím sure itís just the screws on the bottom where it attaches to the cabs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	060772C6-D008-458A-98A4-2CB2E90145D8.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	354008   Click image for larger version

Name:	1BF4C74F-A5A1-4A63-91FD-02F7C8AA7B5A.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	354009  

Click image for larger version

Name:	7513D49F-3667-4F33-A618-469B5BF92675.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	354010  
Old 01-17-2022, 08:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry W View Post
I removed mine a couple of years ago so Iím going on what I kind of remember. Iím sure somebody else will jump in and help also.

As I recall I started with the bottom cover, the one with holes for venting. Once it was removed it opened up the back and gave a better view of what is going on inside. Once you get a couple of the panels out of the way itís pretty straightforward. I seem to remember taking that control box out first and everything became obvious.

I donít recall any major issues with the removal but the tv itself is a little awkward and it helps to have an extra set of hands for a couple of the steps.

I hope this helps a little
Terry

Thanks Terry, I was pretty sure it had to be fairly easy. Couldnít imagine the whole assembly being raised into place at the factory as one piece but you never know.
Old 01-25-2022, 02:41 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to Free2Go
Removing HD Television

Private message me back, but I've taken mine out and replaced it with a HD LG TV that fit perfectly in the old space. I also added a big AV receiver and a Play Station.
You remove the center speaker first, then all the screws from the bottom metal cover and drop it down. The monitor unit (that looks like a computer) is bolted to the front wall (toward windshield) and the TV is bolted to a metal panel that is behind the TV. It's a little tough to get to, but the monitor unit should come out first, then the TV. I mounted our satellite receiver where the big monitor unit was and replaced the TV with a 36" LG that fit perfectly in the old opening. I had to make some small modifications to the metal brace behind the TV in order to accommodate the HDMI plug and power cord.
Free2Go is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal, television, vision