Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-09-2021, 07:37 AM   #43

Storage facility security

Sept. '18. My old Winnie had driver's door pried (unsuccessfully) and side door pried open. There has not been a working video camera in the back section where I was parked for 4 years. Though the perimeter fence has sodium lights they never worked. This is at E-Z Storage in Exeter, Pa. I left there 2 months ago. Greed. Manager has been renting paved lot to 18 wheelers and I suspect pocketing the cash. All along has been pocketing storage unit items and hauling contents to auction, keeping the proceeds.

LW mentioned someone had to follow a vehicle through the gate. Or it was an inside job where he was robbed? 2 possibilities where my moho was parked. About 9 units were molested. A mobile diesel mechanic moved in just before. He's a hoarder by the way. And the manager's son has always parked a tri-axle dump truck on the paved lot. He was caught breaking into another storage lot (father of 2 kids and husband) and was in jail awhile. Manager told me he was doing Meth.

Forget police assistance. They're eating donuts. My Ruger bull barrel .22 and ammo was in the moho.
Keep safe. SamG.
homesteader is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2021, 09:22 AM   #44

Tiffin Owners Club
Hit By Thieves

I see that youíve already resolved the broken window, but wanted to give a X3 recommendation for Auto Glass Boss. The place that does work on our coach pointed us to them to replace the one piece windshield. We happened to get the owner, Joe, on our job. He did a great job and was done in under two hours. He also gave us a quote on repairing fogged windows. He said his labor on the windshield replacement is guaranteed for the life of the coach.

His company has four locations; SoCal, AZ, IN, and FL. I asked Joe how he decided on those locations and he said that is where the 4 main RV glass warehouses are located.

For what itís worth.....
YLBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:16 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLBlues View Post
I see that youíve already resolved the broken window, but wanted to give a X3 recommendation for Auto Glass Boss. The place that does work on our coach pointed us to them to replace the one piece windshield. We happened to get the owner, Joe, on our job. He did a great job and was done in under two hours. He also gave us a quote on repairing fogged windows. He said his labor on the windshield replacement is guaranteed for the life of the coach.

His company has four locations; SoCal, AZ, IN, and FL. I asked Joe how he decided on those locations and he said that is where the 4 main RV glass warehouses are located.

For what itís worth.....
Yes, I found Auto Glass Boss friendly and easy to discuss the situation with. However, since I have the time, I was able to remove the window myself and take it to my local shop. It will cost me about 1/4 of the charge from AGB.
Ljwt330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 11:20 AM   #46

I had a metal building constructed for the coach. So far no vandalism or broken windows. Repairing a broken window would be the lower cost option, however.
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 06:16 PM   #47

Final update, mainly for those in a similar situation.

Installed the window today and the OEM glass is indeed tinted, but not as expected. It has a very light blue/grey tinge to it, more like an anti-glare tint. It is obvious when the replacement is next to the door window. The cockpit windows do not have a mirror tint, but do have some sort of cooling/glare reducing color. The picture provided looks like the windows are clear when seen by the coach windows, or even when seen by themselves. Only when compared to true, clear panes does the tint become obvious.

I can live with this for now, but when I have the coach windows defogged, I’ll have the pane changed to match the door.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:09 AM   #48

Alpine Owners Club
The glass shop I went to said that this tint is no longer manufactured. If anyone knows something different please let me know. Thank you.

Moorpark, CA
work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:51 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by work2play View Post
The glass shop I went to said that this tint is no longer manufactured. If anyone knows something different please let me know. Thank you.
See post #16, although no contact information was provided for Dave Root, it was mentioned that any glass shop could provide the tint.
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:09 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by work2play View Post
Okay, I've talked about two different tints in this thread, one for the coach windows and one for the cockpit windows. The coach windows are tinted Solar Bronze Cool, which is available. I don't know about the front, cockpit windows but they are more in line with those in the front side windows of automobiles that do not have custom tints.

BTW, I removed my window and am returning it to the glass shop as they installed the panes upside down, along with the sealing gasket. When there, I will check for a tint that matches the front windows, which is nearly identical to a film tint of 70% VLT (visible light transmission.) That tint, by the way is the legal value for front windows in CA. If they cannot get colored glass to match, I plan to put the film tint on the passenger window so it matches the door window and cuts the heat/UV transfer.

To which tint are you referring, coach or cockpit?