Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2020, 07:16 PM   #1

How did you organize your Alpine kitchen

Since I'm new to rving, I'm wondering how all you experts decided to allocate space in the kitchen.
I'm guessing heavier things, like dishes, at the bottom....but that's as far as I got.
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2020, 09:08 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
In the cupboard, plates, small bowls on the lower shelf, upper shelf is serving bowls, glasses and cups. Under sink is for rice cooker, griddle, electric skillet, George Forman, Dutch Oven plus dish soap, etc. One lower drawer has skillets and pans, the other, toaster and storage dishes. Pantry in the slide out has canned goods. The pull-out rack to the left of the 'fridge has spices. The overhead storage on the Passenger side has things like flour, sugar, salt, rice and other such. I put shelves in the W/D area for more canned goods, coffee maker, Wife's Bread Machine and some paper products. Large drawers that run beneath the stove has paper plates, napkins and such plus storage bags, plastic wrap, waxed paper and other stuff like that.
Pretty much covers all the bases.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:40 AM   #3

My 2004 has a slightly different kitchen configuration than yours, but the available space is about identical. The DW was in charge (by her orders) of organizing the storage and the upper cabinets over the counter top is where the plates, bowls, saucers are stored. These things are Corelle and nearly unbreakable, but are placed in plastic caddies that prevent them from moving/sliding against each other of off the shelf. Coffee mugs and drinking tumblers are also in the upper cabinets.

Under counter drawers have the silverware and kitchen utensils. Under sink drawer (behind the doors) has the breakable casseroles, and the space above holds the kitchen clean items. We have a couple of large drawers on the end of the counter cabinets which face the refrigerator. The top drawer is for large mixing bowls and the lower drawer is for my small repair tools, batteries, glue, tape, etc. Since we have an oven, there is only one small drawer under it, and that is used for rolls of aluminum foil, plastic wrap, and plastic baggies.

Our "spice cabinet" is behind the slide out at the entrance of the bath area and that's where the spices are kept (DUH!)

One mod we made that helps tremendously. We do not have a washer/dryer. In the upper part of that closet, I installed shelves on which we store the metal pots and pans as well as larger dry goods. The lower closet, where the washer/dryer would be, is entirely open behind the doors and used for a clothes hamper, storage for a small electric heater, and a folding vacuum/dust buster that recharges from the outlet designed for the washer.

The passenger side upper cabinets hold the paper goods, plastic utensils, table cloths, and plastic drinking glasses. The upper cabinets over the drivers side sofa hold trivets, place mats, and dog and cat food along with the feeding bowls.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote