Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2022, 03:57 PM   #43

Just turn disconnects for batteries off, that is how we store our boats during winter season
Radicaltimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2022, 05:08 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soppy View Post
I prefer to make sure the batteries are fully charged then disconnect them. They have to be totally disconnected for this to work. Then there are no worries about a breaker tripping or charger failure eventually killing the battery bank.
Some battery disconnects still keep the battery connected to items such as the radio memory, ECU , inverter, etc. If this is the case , the cables will have to be removed from the batteries.
If you use a charging source , a monitor that will notify you in the event of low battery voltage is advised.
I totally concur. Put in a marine on/off switch and haven’t had any charge loss since.
WorldCat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:32 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe10 View Post
REALLY????

Total of 4 amps output for TWO battery banks.
Did you do the math? Wouldn’t 4 amps over a 24 hour period be 96ah’s? That’s 2880Ah’s a month.

Is that not sufficient to maintain 8 GC batteries and 2 chassis batteries that have minimal to no loads?
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:52 PM   #46

Trickle Charge Battery's

We have a 1995 country coach intrigue I installed a TRIK-L-Start it works great so when I'm at home and the coach is not connected shore power this Charger/Maintainer works great it keeps the starting battery charged, it takes some of the charge from one of the house batteries and puts that back in the starting battery.

Paul
itistime 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 06:03 PM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
That is what I want for a setup. However. I think I need more than that ot operate a dehumidifier while stored in the Florida humidity. I would like to keep the fridge running as well. But this is another whole seperate topic from this.
Ecuador Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 06:17 PM   #48

I claim to be no expert, but have treated my lead acid batteries over winters for 40 years. I separate each battery, put them on a pulsating trickle charger on timers for 2 hours every day. (read Christmas light timers) Of course, I check the water levels often.
cherokeejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 07:31 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeejim View Post
I claim to be no expert, but have treated my lead acid batteries over winters for 40 years. I separate each battery, put them on a pulsating trickle charger on timers for 2 hours every day. (read Christmas light timers) Of course, I check the water levels often.
The OP has 8, 6V Golf Cart batteries and 2, 12V chassis batteries. That’s a tremendous effort when there are much easier methods.
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:26 PM   #50

I also use a small portable solar panel for the house batteries. Works great keeping them charged. The good ones monitor the charge. I don't have AC at my storage unit.
JLRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 09:37 PM   #51

I store my two rv tt batteries in the garage in the winter with a motorcycle $30 battery tender.
Once or twice a month for 12-24 hrs does it.
Cthecountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries