Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #1

Hwh fitting leak

I have a 2006 34' Alpine Coach. I developed a leak @ one of the fittings on the main manifold in the pump housing near the fluid tank. It seems I need to replace the hose and or fitting. How do I do this? The leak is on the 3rd line from the front. Not sure where it goes but the thing leaks while opening the slides and briefly when raising the jacks. Any sugesstions would be very helpful. Thanks, Steve
SteveAlpine9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #2

There has been some discussion about "field replaceable" connections on this forum but generally it means replacing the hose--either from HWH or a local hydraulic shop. If you go with HWH, they will need either the hose length [marked on side of hose or the HWH part number [also marked on hose]. If you are comfortable with this sort of thing, you can try a slight tightening -- like half to a whole nut face on the connection--use two wrenches so the hose doesnt turn. Sometimes, half a face turn on the connection will stop a small leak. Easy does it, alittle turn is good, too much is bad.
PS--most of the hoses run along the inside of the frame and are hard to access so usually you have to abandon the existing hose in-place and re-route the new one.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Steve:

Welcome to the forum!

You might try using a mobile hydraulic hose repair outfit. They may be able to make the repair if your tightening doesn't help (or helps too much).

Let us know how it goes. I have and had a leaker, too, under the bed. The fitting was replaced successfully, but now the other hose is leaking.

Also, you can add your coach information to your signature line so you are not forced to constantly re-input the information (see the User CP, at the top of every page). You might also register your coach's existence on the Alpine Register near the top of the main Alpine Forum page.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #4

HWH Hose

Thanks for the info guys!! OK...first of all the fitting is toast! I'm currently in El Cajon, Ca on my way to Baja. I found a HWH recomended repair shop just down the road and will stop by this AM. Also had a mobile "Hose Pro's" take a look. The guy did'nt want to touch it as he noted the frame hidden runs. I had already considered re-routeing the hose, however I'm not sure where the bad one goes for sure. Based on the HWH manual the 3rd hose in is for the LF jack. How can I confirm? Once I confirm I can call the Hose Pro's guy and re-route the hose under the coach. Also considering disconecting the line and putting a plug in the manafold if all I loose is LF jack I can live with that until returning to Portland this Spring. Thanks again for your input! Steve
Old 10-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #5

Steve - Three years ago I developed a major leak at my left rear jack fitting. It only leaked when the jacks were being used but leaked so badly that they couldn't be used. HWH would only advise replacing the entire length of hose...a several hundred dollar operation. I opted to cut off about a foot of the old hose and have another foot section with fittings on both ends built...also a fitting on the existing section going to the jack. The cost was $19. No problems since.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #6

SteveAlpine- Post #5 above sounds like a solution any local hoser pro could implement.
If you need the plug, I had some made, and have found they are very helpful in repair situations.

Good luck in Baja. Where you headed?
Old 10-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #7

HWH Problem Follow up

This morning I took my rig into Ricks RV Center in El Cajon. As it turns out, they are one of two HWH recomended sevice centers in Ca. 2 hrs and 500 bucks later I was on the road! They installed (re routed) a new line to my LF jack and also found a leaking hydo solenoid.

These guys are great! Ryan @ the desk took care of all the details while the work was being done in the back. I would highly recomend this shop for future RV service needs.

Thanks for al your input!

Alpine Steve
2006 34'
Old 10-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #8

HWH Repair

Hey Engineer Mike,
I was just reviewing your post and realized that you are from Mulege. As it turns out, I spend my winters on Coyote Beach. My girl friend Ceila (Runs Bertha's on Burro Beach) and I are crossing in TJ tomorrow and should be in Mulege by Tuesday afternoon!

See you on the beach!
Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BAJA 2011 070.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	14565  
Old 10-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #9

Steve- Bertha's grandson graduated college on our scholarship program! its a small world. His mom, Lety, works in the restaurant from time to time, probably will be working when the Artistas have their sale to benefit scholarships in January. Bobbe Godwin and her husband Eduardo are friends, they live in the last (northerly) palapa at Burro, south side of the rivulet of estero that drains to the bay, in the main lineup of shacks. Bobbe is the head of the Artistas that do the show/sale.

We'll be in town working on our house by the river toward the end of November. Don't know if we will take the coach down that trip, or pickup w/small trailer of building supplies. Shoot me an email at EngineerMike at Vagabondwater dot com and we'll get together when in town, have a burger & brew.

Tags
hwh, leak