Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #1

We found a mobil mechanic that helped up trouble shoot. It seems the hydraulic Brake Booster Pump Arm does not work correctly.

So, it is like driving with your foot on the Brake. You can release it by pulling up on the brake with your foot.

We have contacted WRV to find out where to get help from here.

Does anyone have experience with this. Also, does anyone know where the hydraulic fluid reservoire is.

We are out of Warranty and hope we can do the work.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #2

We found a mobil mechanic that helped up trouble shoot. It seems the hydraulic Brake Booster Pump Arm does not work correctly.

So, it is like driving with your foot on the Brake. You can release it by pulling up on the brake with your foot.

We have contacted WRV to find out where to get help from here.

Does anyone have experience with this. Also, does anyone know where the hydraulic fluid reservoire is.

We are out of Warranty and hope we can do the work.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:26 PM   #3

Your hydraulic fluid res. is in the engine compartment on the right hand side.
Looking 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #4

Wouldn't that put all four brakes on, not just front right?
maybe not but it seems like it.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:02 PM   #5

Cedar41,

On my 2001 Alpine 38FDDS, I had the hydraulic Brake Booster Pump remain on intermittently at one point. It turns out that the brake pedal was not returning to its full released position. I would frequently have to pull the pedal back to its full released position with the top of my shoe when I was driveing. When the brake pedal is not in the full released position, the Brake Booster Pump turns on, even after the ignition key is turned off (as designed).

The problem was that the spring that pulls the brake pedal back to its full released position was too weak. WRV Service had RMechanic in Livermore, CA install a stronger spring, which fixed the problem.

Perhaps, your problem is different, but I thought this might be useful information.

Dale
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:08 AM   #6

The mechanic said he thinks the brake is adjusted somewhat tighter on the front right and that it was probably heating all the wheels but he said in a panic with the smoke we would notice it more at the door.

Also, thanks Dale with the info about the spring. We are waiting for Mark at WRV to call us back with a name and number from Bendix who makes the Booster pump.

I am going to try to install it myself if I can. If anyone has done this please let me know.

Thanks for the help.
John
Old 04-21-2006, 08:06 AM   #7

I do believe the hydraulic brake fluid resevoir is on top of the master cylinder in the front near the brake pedal. The hydraulic storage tank in the rear is for hydraulic fan and power steering.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:14 PM   #8

I want to tell you this is a mess. The right hand and the left hand do not want to work together. Seems there are two Manufactured parts with these brakes. The meritor abs and bendix boster pump. Can not find a dealer that will work on both. That sure makes it hard to trouble shoot.