Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2010, 06:50 AM   #1

Hydro-Hot Fuel Pressure

I u nderstand the HH fuel pressure should be set at 145psi. How do you check the pressure?
Thanks,
John
jheitzenro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #2

With a fuel pressure gauge. I made one from an old nozzle and a 200PSI gauge I bought at Lowe's for $8. Just drill and tap the nozzle to accept a 1/8 NPT. The instructions for checking fuel pressure are in the service manual you can download from HH website(Aqua Hot). On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say this is a 6 due to the fact you have to turn the burner on with it removed from the unit and the ignition system disabled.

The fuel pump has an adjustment screw.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #3

Her is a guy that know Aquahot/Hydrohot forward and backward. I have had 4 different technition work on my Aquahot all left problems when I paid the bill. It still smoked. Then on the 4th try I met Roger Berk.
RV Hydronic Heater Repair - Home Trust me Roger knows what he is doing. He fixed the smoke, adjusted the fuel pressure, removed a rubber air intake hose that did not belong and it finally runs clean. Now I doubt that my neighbor will even smell it. He carries all spare parts with him Roger does travel and he will tell you on his website where he is at any time. I think he is going to be in Quartzsite in January
Old 12-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #4

Roger is a great tech. He also manages the Hydronic heating group with loads of useful information.

HydronicRVHeating : Hydronic-RV-Heating

With the service manual and a little effort theses HHs are easily serviced by a good DIYer.

Roger also has an online store that service parts can be purchased through.

Parts Available - Items - Parts - RV Hydronic Heater Repair
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
HH/AQ had a bad lot of nozzels come through, I don't know when it started or when they figured it out and fixed the issue. I assisted the tech who did my service and it smoked like a old coal fired plant. After I got through with the HH certified training, they gave me a new nozzel, and I changed it when we got home. Works perfect now. The rubber boot WRV installed was not necessary, and they put it on I think to keep critters out of the coach. If the air intake does not extend about 1/2-1" below the bottom of the coach, I would add a little bit of pipe maybe. There is also a air shutter adjustment, and it's best to adjust it by sound, a qualified tech will know it's best setting. HH did paint some red paint on the spot they tested the unit to so you can also use that point to set it too.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote