Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2021, 04:29 PM   #1

I want to connect my Firestick/Roku to my front TV

Please forgive me if this has been addressed. Searching this forum is not as straight forward as I'd like...
I have a Hyundai model Q321 flat screen up front. I removed it to see if there was a HDMI port and USB port to run a firestick or Roku stick. Nope. Many many cables and such but not what I need.
Has anyone adapted their TV for this? I want to keep the TV I have if possible. What are my options. I am not educated at all regarding audio/visual systems. Plug n play is my game...
Bob
Bking is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2021, 09:01 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I’m thinking your best option is Roku Express+. It sells for about $30
Roku Express+ is designed for older televisions that do not have an HDMI connection. Roku Express+ includes composite audio and video connectors (and cable) found on most older televisions. It also includes an HDMI connection. Good Luck...!
Old 01-06-2021, 09:01 PM   #3

I had to adapt my bedroom one. Went to Wal-Mart, bought an adapter with HDMI in to av out adapter. Make sure it's HDMI in and av out.
Bill 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:26 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I looked up the specs on your TV
https://www.cnet.com/products/hyunda...321-32-lcd-tv/

You need an svideo hdmi adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=svideo+to+hdmi&adgrpid=57690403842&gclid=Cj0KC QiA3NX_BRDQARIsALA3fIJMfMiC_O1LYZj8AGKoHhCHr8QqDh2 CX_BJfwxi3j7xNu3oeWJqbiAaAjhuEALw_wcB&hvadid=27473 9159662&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=9015743&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e& hvrand=11667017553032137046&hvtargid=kwd-301856990348&hydadcr=19254_9666087&ta
g=hydsma-20&ref=pd_sl_3z410ton6i_e

For the cost of a new TV I would upgrade though. You resolution is low. You could get a new 4k display for around $300 and you won't believe how much better picture.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:50 PM   #5

I think I have worked it out. I've gotten an adapter to go from the audio/visual cables to HDMI with input being the HDMI device. Then a surface mount USB outlet I've ordered. It should all fit in the panel above the passenger seat. The TV is older and should get an upgrade but we don't watch it much plus it has at least a dozen cables connected to it and I haven't found one yet the same size with all of those connections available. I upgraded the bedroom by removing the heavy tube type Magnavox which was wedged in tightly, no other mounting... Built a door for the opening and mounted a Visio 24" flat screen with a Bose sound bar just below it. The cabinet space inside may get a keyed lock on the door for "kinda valuables".
Thanks to all three of you who had some input... Lol
Bob
Bking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire