Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2022, 08:02 PM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
I tied the TPMS repeater into the “drag light” circuit located in the rear curbside engine bay. It is always powered on and is a great place to mount it. I also wired a switch next to it so it can easily be turned on and off eliminating the wire clips.
Bruce Anthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2022, 12:55 PM   #16

Just to offer up a different viewpoint, I hooked mine to the house batteries. I figured the house batteries will be powered up whenever I'm driving.

When I bought the coach, the repeater was behind the driver's side nightstand. I keep getting dropped out signals. So, I chose to move the repeater.

I placed it above the main breaker panel in the space above the bedroom drawers. There is a large empty space in there. Basically behind the switches for the bath area and bedroom.

This enabled me to utilize the 12 volt circuit panel that was right there.
Astasoftride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 09:34 PM   #17

I wired this into the closet above the rear fuse panel, passenger side. It has usb sockets and a digital readout and a switch to turn it off and on. Thats where I plug in my extender. Works great. Got it on Amazon.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220417-202826_Google.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	362814
Alpine03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 01:24 PM   #18

I mounted it to the battery bay ceiling, and hooked up to house batteries with the alligator clips for now. Left Monday morning for vacation, pulling my boat. Decided to leave the repeater off since it was working fine without it in the yard. Lasted about an hour before I lost signal to both boat trailer tires, and the left rear inner tire on the coach. Hooked it back up and all was fine for the rest of the drive. I’m still gonna hook it to ignition switched power later.
Old 04-30-2022, 01:23 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Gloves View Post
In the black box on the inboard wall. There’s a “schematic” inside the lid, that is rotated 90 on ours. I chose the one that was labeled “IGN-ABS”. Above and to the right of the trombetta.
here ya go ............

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg A.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	364088
Skyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 05:55 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda67bnl View Post
Bringing up an old thread here, but any ideas on how to do this on an 01? Mine doesn’t have that fusebox. I need to hook up a repeater for my new tpms. Not interested in using the alligator clips. And don’t want it drawing power all the time.

Mine is not switched. I wired it to one of the fuses on the ceiling of the battery bay. Its been like this for 4 years.

andy29847 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 07:04 AM   #21

I drive with my parking lights/headlights on, so I just tapped into the license plate light circuit-- made mounting the TPMS repeater very easy.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 04:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
I drive with my parking lights/headlights on, so I just tapped into the license plate light circuit-- made mounting the TPMS repeater very easy.
I considered that. But I figured I’d forget to turn the lights off and kill the batteries since there’s no buzzer to remind me.

Tags
battery, ignition, power, switch