Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2020, 07:41 PM   #1

Installing new sewer hose

The original WASTE MASTER system was sold to Lippert. Should anyone wish to replace their original hose, you will find all suppliers offering 10' sections with a coupling with which to increase length to 20'. Problem is, I don't think the coupling will fit through the tunnel from curbside to streetside. I don't know if any of the other coaches other than the Apex's had the Waste Master systems, but if so, you will need the full 20' one piece hos e. It's still got Waste Master on the box, but Lippert is the supplier, at a cost of about $200 dollars. I just bought one from a local RV dealer. The upstream end is not the standard 4 pin twist lock, but instead is a system which reminds me of a firehose connection. I.E. a system that has a male receiver with two cam lock levers, one on each side. This piece will have to be glued into the elbow at the end of the manifold. Since there is no union at the end of the manifold, the least difficult option is to try to cut the old elbow off of the nipple coming off of the black tank tee, and then install a new 3" ell at that point, complete with the new hose coupling already glued in. The trick is to get the old ell surgically cut away from the nipple without damaging it. All the fittings were glued together too closely to get a clean usable piece at the end of the last nipple. Just another Apex problem to solve.
The new hose will retract to a minimum length of just over 6' , and does come with an identical valve at the end. Once you hack off the old hose, I would suggest tying a retrieval line to the old hose before you pull it out, You'll need a 6" scrap of 3" ABS for a nipple on the hose end of your new 3"ell. Don't forget, ABS takes special glue.
Dudley Do-Right, '06 Apex 40MDTS
Dudley do-right is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2020, 09:15 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Why didn't you call Drainmaster in Hollister? They might've fixed you up with the threaded end and the one piece hose and shut off nozzle you need.

https://drainmaster.com/main/
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:49 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Yes, the Drainmaster guys had a replacement hose with the threads made for me when we had the Alpenlite, which used the retractable hose. I remember it not being cheap...I think it was $150ish but it screwed right on with an upgraded hose and nozzle design
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:11 PM   #4

new sewer hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet and Todd View Post
Why didn't you call Drainmaster in Hollister? They might've fixed you up with the threaded end and the one piece hose and shut off nozzle you need.

https://drainmaster.com/main/
that just what I
I looked up Drain Master when I first began, and the site for them seemed to be a dead end. None of the major RV dealers in my area had that brand. I then went to a smallish camping trailer place nearby, where I had good luck last summer getting various capacitors for my rooftop A/C's. The very helpful owner looked up Drainmaster in a huge parts catalogue, and said "Oh yeah, they were sold several years ago to Lippert." He then proceeded to tell me that. just what I wanted was available, and he could have it for me the next day, for $180.00. I didn't ask about what end was available, assuming that the end I have is obsolete, and the new hose would be what is would be period. So I got it, plus a new 3" ell and glue and stripped the old ell off the nipple, re-installed everything, and now I have a new sewer hose, with the spiffy "Peak-A-Boo" feature operational. I can't wait to try It out on some unsuspecting neighbor at an RV park somewhere.

Dudley Do-Right, '06Apex40MDTS
Dudley do-right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:32 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Looks like you did a good job.

For anyone else as I mentioned in the other thread, there is a direct screw-on hose assembly available......here it is:

https://drainmaster.com/rv/products/full-view/100190
Old 05-20-2020, 10:07 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
I replaced my sewer hose in 2013 with the Drain Master threaded end,one piece hose and shut off nozzle. It is expensive but much better quality hose than the original. For me it is worth it and I am very happy.
Gary Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:34 PM   #7

Converted our 07 40’ limited to the Drain Master hose and valve.Manually extract and store the drain hose. Much nicer way to deal with the sewer hose.
Quiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:38 PM   #8

Hmmm.
I just got a cheap rhino hose, but with the big connectors it won't fit in the handy builtin storage tube.
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 01:17 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Hmmm.
I just got a cheap rhino hose, but with the big connectors it won't fit in the handy builtin storage tube.
I did the same and used my grinder to take down the nubs a little and got it to fit in the tube

Mine can handle 20' in the tube and I also keep a 5' hose so I have a total of 25' onboard.

Try grinding them down a bit and they should fit.

Tags
install