Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2008, 06:12 PM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
Hear! Hear!

Thanks to both Jims!!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2008, 08:23 PM   #16

I dont know about anyone else, but we intend to be there and have FUN!!!!
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:33 AM   #17
Administrator Emeritus

I understand Jim's desire to clarify Guaranty's position with regard to the upcoming rally, but I will NOT allow these forums to become a platform for discussion regarding the political "differences" of two factions of Alpine Owners, or anyone else for that matter.
Jim's post will stay, but PLEASE let's keep the political discussions out of these forums.

For the record, Danny Gayhart has tendered his resignation as an iRV2 moderator.

We need to move on folks....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks Dale and thanks Jim H.

And another thanks to Danny for all he's done for the forum (and ACA)!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:38 AM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Takepride,

I will accept your thanks, but have to let you know that I so far have only been the messenger. Dixie and I are still out of town, but will help when we get back and do what we can, at the rally, to help. Jim/Guaranty gets the big thanks for stepping in at the last minute to give us this rally. The Alpine owners who are doing the real work, as we speak, you can thank at the rally.

Dale �郜꾀ᒖâª*郜
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #20

Danny- Sorry to see you go, and especially sorry to see you go in a huff. Thanks for everything.

Jim H.- A group Vegas-show excursion might be fun for the rally goers. I asked an insider @ Cirque du Soleil and should have contact info later today for their group ticket source; will relay when that comes in.
Mike
Old 01-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Everyone,

We need some help from everyone who is planning on attending the Rally. Anyone who has mailed their application to Jim, please send a confirmation email or call him. He is working at the Quartzsite lot and won't be home until the first of Feb. Anyone who wants to come but hasn't committed, please do so right away.

email jim.hardy@guaranty.com
Jim Hardy 1 541 915-6364
Kathie Hardy 1 541 915-6400

Jim is planning some great stuff for us and is having to commit some big bucks. It will help greatly if he can get a firm number for the rally ASAP. Guaranty and WRV are supporting this rally as they always do and you will get more than you pay for. I have heard some of what is being planned and can guarantee that this is going to be a really great rally. Jim is planning on posting more information later today about what is planned. I am looking forward to seeing lots of my friends there and us all having lots of fun. Don't miss out, there are a limited number sites available and it is first come first confirmed.

For those of you who might want to come early, fill in the days between the Pahrump rally and this one or stay late here is a link to a coupon for 5 free nights at the resort. This can not be used for the rally nights but is good for any other days that they have available.

http://www.or-indio-vegas.com/

Dale
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #22

Update on the Itinerary of Las Vegas Rally.

We still do not have the "finished" Itinerary, but I can give some insite.

Check-in is on Feb. 20th. Anyone who wishes to arrive early or stay after the Rally can do so free by going to the Las Vegas Outdoor Resorts web site where you can download a Complimentary Coupon and stay as Guest of Las Vegas Outdoor Resorts for up to six days for free. Advance reservations are required and it is not valid during the Rally.

We will have the usual potluck/heavy Hors'douerves that evening with a social 1/2 hour beginning at 4:30 p.m. At 7:00 p.m. we have tentatively planned a Texas Hold-em Tournament with a $10.00 buy in.
There will be some "special" prizes given out, along with the $ prizes.

We have a 4X4 trip scheduled with a local enthusiast planned for one of the days. This will be a 3/4 day excursion probably through the "Valley of the Fire" and including Lake Mead.

We will have a pet parade with prizes given to the Class Valedictorian, Most Athletic, Best Dressed, Best Personality, Class Flirt, Class Clown, Best looking etc., so start getting your pets ready!!!

We are planning a Guaranty bean bag competition.

We will have the traditional Guaranty Wine & Cheese event.

We will have at least two dinners, one of which will be at the Excalibur, taking part in their "Tournament of Kings" extravaganza dinner & show.

One NATIONAL Thousand Trails Membership, valued at $9,995*, will be given away. Compliments of Guaranty RV and Thousand Trails. *Annual dues of $549 are required to activate the membership. This will be a drawing. To get into the drawing you have to be signed up and at the rally. This is a "NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP", good anywhere in the United States.

There will be a caravan to the main FMCA Rally in Pomona.

I am currently at our store in Quartzite and will not be back in Oregon until around the 1st of Feb. Use of the internet here is much more difficult and time-consuming than normal usage back home. We only have 75 spaces available. This will be on a first come first serve basis. If you have sent in your money without letting us know, be sure you communicate. My e-mail is jim.hardy@guaranty.com and/or Kathie's (my wife)e-mail is theskymeadow@clearwire.net

Thanks

"One team, One voice, One purpose.........TO HAVE FUN"
Jim Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:49 AM   #23

It will certainly be a pleasure when this rally or whatever you are know calling it is over.

Danny, like Mike I am very sorry to see you leave. You have been a real asset to me and I would assume a number of other members. By the way I received my shocks yesterday. If it is not to cold this weekend I will put them on. Thanks again for all your help.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:34 AM   #24

TED,

I am sorry you have such a negative attitude towards the rally. It is not our intent to upstage or degrade anyone. If you would like to express your ill feelings, I welcome them, but would you agree that doing it privately would be more benificial to both of us? My e-mail is jim.hardy@guaranty.com
Old 01-26-2008, 08:03 AM   #25

Count me in boss...
Indsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:14 AM   #26

I suspect you were counted in already.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #27

Jim Hardy, the only negative attitude I have towards this rally is the extreme amount of posting and bickering that many have done. I thought rallies were to be enjoyable, entertaining and a learning experience. This is something new and different to me. Absolutely no offense to you or Guaranty. Read back through the posts and you will certainly get my meaning. Possibly it is the childish bickering that should have been done privately!

Ted Ulmer
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #28

Thanks Ted, I could not agree with you more on the childish bickering part. I do want to make one thing perfectly clear. This is not an ACA Rally. It is a Guaranty Rally. I would ask everbody involved to NOT USE THE ACA MEMBERS E-MAIL LIST TO PROMOTE THIS RALLY. My goal is to bring the members back together again, not divide or create bipartician views. Please respect these wishes. As this is a grass roots event, I would ask all of you to get your friends to come. Guaranty's promise to you is we will give 110% to make this an enjoyable rally. Your $300.00 will be a GREAT VALUE. Let's get ready to HAVE SOME FUN.