Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2020, 03:33 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Level says level, but display says otherwise...

How can this be... Is there a way to fix the bubble as it appears to be way off?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2700.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	311828   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2701.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	311829  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2702.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	311830  
Ernieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2020, 04:17 PM   #2

Ernie,
Press select and redo the self leveling function. Sometimes ours requires two attempts. By the way, how are your batteries?
Steve and Linda's APEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 04:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and Linda's APEX View Post
Ernie,
Press select and redo the self leveling function. Sometimes ours requires two attempts. By the way, how are your batteries?

Make sure your key is in the ignition and turned towards the start position. Also, check in the HWH bay for a red light above the push button switch. If the light is red, push the reset button. Your batteries must have a full charge for all of this stuff to work.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:28 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Make sure your key is in the ignition and turned towards the start position. Also, check in the HWH bay for a red light above the push button switch. If the light is red, push the reset button. Your batteries must have a full charge for all of this stuff to work.
Ok will do. Batteries are fine and dandy.
Ernieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 06:42 PM   #5

Sometimes the leveling system needs a reset. I know I had to get my Southwind's system reset. The dealer did it for me. I was there when he did it but that was in 2004. I can’t remember what he did. It was a powergear system. But each manufacturer has a routine to re-level the system
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 06:44 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The leveling systems need to be recalibrate or rezeroed periodically. Just follow the instructions in the manual.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 07:05 PM   #7

I had to replace the main board and reset level. Pretty easy.
Assuming that your 06 is the same as my 04?
Adjuster screws are in the HWH compartment by the curbside front wheel. Theres a small board right next to the main board.
You will see 4 tiny red lights that function the same as the red light on your panel inside the coach. First set your jacks until they stop. Outside, move the adjuster screw until a light comes on and the jacks will move. Play with it until your level. Store the jacks and deploy to double check.

Sorry, just noticed you have an apex. Might be the same?
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule Skinner View Post
I had to replace the main board and reset level. Pretty easy.
Assuming that your 06 is the same as my 04?
Adjuster screws are in the HWH compartment by the curbside front wheel. Theres a small board right next to the main board.
You will see 4 tiny red lights that function the same as the red light on your panel inside the coach. First set your jacks until they stop. Outside, move the adjuster screw until a light comes on and the jacks will move. Play with it until your level. Store the jacks and deploy to double check.

Sorry, just noticed you have an apex. Might be the same?

Hi Dan,
The Apex’s HWH systems work through the Silverleaf system (both the dash panel, and with a remote). Ernie’s system is being controlled by the remote as shown. Sometimes they can be a little fussy.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:20 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Auto Level, PFFT! I gave up on ours long ago.

Just do it manually. Quicker, and you won't raise it as high.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 06:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Hi Dan,
The Apex’s HWH systems work through the Silverleaf system (both the dash panel, and with a remote). Ernie’s system is being controlled by the remote as shown. Sometimes they can be a little fussy.
Does the Apex not have the circuit board in the HWH bay that is used to recalibrate level on the Limited models?

What sensor(s) are used to determine level on an Apex?
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:15 AM   #11

That is a good question! I don’t know. Our coach is in storage and unavailable for a look.
Old 12-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Not a lot to add here but a little confirmation/clarification:

First it is true (as Steve said) that the "elegant" APEX models have no interior HWH panels to operate/compare nor is there any direct-to-HWH exterior control. All you get is the Silverleaf via panel or TV/remote.
Secondly, I am advised by our primary tech/mechanic that the control/adjustment component on the HWH panel (in the belly of the beast) being spring-mounted is extremely finicky and inclined to "self-adjust" OUT of level particularly when jarred about (as when traveling CA highways in the Bay Area, omg!). He WILL adjust it but advises against it as a futile effort and so I just run the levelers in auto and then tweak as needed to fit our preferences (which includes keeping our heads slightly above our feet in bed.

Thirdly, I would put no more trust in that little screwed/glued-to-the-wall level than in the Silverleaf report on the HWH. Anything less than a 4 foot level is inadequate IMO

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser TOAD
Maryfaith Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:20 PM   #13

….realize APEX and S/L are different animals but thought the HWH level adjustment after 2004/05 was in the control board mounted in the box on the pump [as described by Mule Skinner]….earlier models of the HWH system did have a spring-loaded mechanical plate [probably a mercury bubble] mounted a-midships on the ceiling of the basement, aft of the fresh water tank????
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 07:24 AM   #14
Commercial Member

if the hwh level sensor wont maintain an adjustment, check the mounting hdwe. the older sensors have a 1/4 spring that you can see at the top of the sensor. the newer ones have a 3/8 spring, as well as re designed hardware.
the little cross piece that the leveling screw turns in, tends to break or strip out when it is turned way too tight.
also, check the screws that hold the control box in place. make sure they are tight.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote