Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1960 View Post
I did talk to Paul about mine last summer, that's part of the reason I think the problem is with the jack itself.

Craig1960, do you have an Alpine, if so what year and floor plan, your profile says you have a Rexhall?
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2018, 05:26 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
Craig1960, do you have an Alpine, if so what year and floor plan, your profile says you have a Rexhall?
No I have the Rexhall in my sig. but I do have HWH jacks and have the same problem with them as many others do.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #31

Alpine Owners Club
Hi All

Well on Friday I cleaned and wiped down all the jacks while at the campground knowing had to head home Sat morning. Also sprayed WD40 up into the seal area on each. When we got ready to go Sat morning, was surprised to see the 2 rear jacks popped up within a minute and the passenger front went right up like it had been doing. The driver left one though just sat. So, released the T valve on the manifold and it came up with the help of my trusty shovels and couple 2x4 blocks.

When we stopped last night had to put them down. This morning the rears came up slowly. Same one on driver front just sat so had to open the valve to get up. One of the rear jacks the previous owner said had been rebuilt. The stubborn one on the front has the new style springs so out with that theory. Guess part of me thinks the seals are probably the issue. Maybe the lack of exercising them over the winter while we were redoing the inside dried the seals. So short run my shovel and 2x4 blocks are my tools of choice to get them up. I'll keep trying to lube them some and see if they come back to life. If not may have to have them rebuilt. South Alabama with 90+ temps and 100% humidity is not the time to deal with it. Small portable jack sounds like a good idea.

Appreciate all the input. Learned some things and where to go hunting for solutions.

Bruce and Paula
Yankeebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:32 PM   #32

I had to clean/wipe down with WD40 several times after buying mine, it had been sitting for a while, but they have all come back to life and are working as they should.
2005 Alpine 36FDDS #75268
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Jeep401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:20 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep401 View Post
I had to clean/wipe down with WD40 several times after buying mine, it had been sitting for a while, but they have all come back to life and are working as they should.

This is something new. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:37 PM   #34

I too have a problem with the rear drivers side jack not wanting to come up, but I have started using the air bags to help get the jacks up.
1. Run the HWH store jacks until all the other jacks are up that will come up.

2. Turn off the HWH, start engine and allow air bags to fill, which will pick up the coach and jacks 2-3".
3.Place blocking under the extended jack (I use 10x10 plastic locking blocks from any camping store, on jack pad you can pull out)
4. Turn on the HWH (one push only) then hold the air dump down while holding the two down arrows (one for the side and one for the end) for that corner. Once it bottoms out release all three buttons and allow air bags to refill. Repeat if necessary.
This is easier if you have co-pilot to help inside but can be done by yourself.

Jim Durley
2004 Alpine MDTS
Jim Durley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:17 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
...all Alpines are equipped with one direction HWH jacks--hydraulic power extended and spring retracted. I have never tried removing the hose to see what would happen. I was only referring to what the OP stated they did to try to store the jacks--apparently, even prying up on the jack foot didn't expel fluid thru the open hose port?????.

Correct me if I’m wrong but if prying doesn’t move the jack up it’s fluid locked in place by either a closed or stuck solenoid valve. My spring is missing on my slow one so I use a square head shovel to dig up and flip it over to raise the rest of the way. What I’m having trouble finding is replacement springs and plates for my 34 Winnebago 1998 pusher.
hakman2428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:27 AM   #36

HWH jacks

Have had trouble with two of the jacks for a couple of years. It required the blocks and shovel to get them up. Have knee replacement in both knees, so this was a pain. Went to HWH in Moscow, IA in May. Was told that the 2 troublesome jacks needed to be replaced, new springs would not help. Will sound extravagant, but I had them replace all four. Sixteen hundred bucks later I have jacks that perform as new( all were rebuilt units).

Al and Barb Johnson
2001 Alpine Coach
2010 Jeep Liberty
Now in Iowa, winter near Key West
dispr64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks