Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2015, 01:20 PM   #29

Another suggestion, you my want to pull the keypad panel and check that all the wires are tight. I had a loose connection on a 99 that shut down the HWH.
When storing jacks and one fails to completely retract, my procedure: After the bags are aired up, place some jack blocks under the offending jack, fill up to the jack plate. Then manually dump the air, this will push the jack up and the fluid back to the reservoir. You need the air dump system to be working.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2015, 01:33 PM   #30

Alpine Owners Club
I once had a very similar problem where status lights appeared to be correct and yet nothing happened when pressing the "Store" button. I found a small black plug-in mini-relay about to fall out inside the "Accessory" box. The box is located behind the removable panel in front of the passenger seat. I would also open & check the other black boxes.
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #31

2 week wait and backlog for HWH assistance. I guess I will try a few more things to troubleshoot. I will check all connections behind the drawer this week, and hopefully get jacks up manually.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:58 PM   #32

Bigbirney - Did you ever resolve your HWH issue. Today my HWH 610 is doing the exact same thing your system is doing. The battery light comes on when I press the HYD button twice and then store. The front jacks are stuck down. I even opened the solenoid valves and nothing happens. However, the front slide moves when that solenoid is opened. This is my second major fault with the HWH 610. The last time it was a bad chip on the back of the control panel. My batteries batteries are a few months old and the RV is hooked up to shore power.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:45 AM   #33

Alpine Owners Club
I think that when you want to store the jacks that you push the hyd button once then push the store button.
Pushing the hyd button twice starts the air dump and the jack extend cycle.
If you push the store button right after pushing the hyd button twice it may be locking up the system
JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:14 AM   #34

Alpine Owners Club
I'm pretty sure the red battery symbol on the HWH panel only lights when the front house cut-off switch is not turned on or the house voltage level is too low. Correct that problem and the system might start working.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:01 AM   #35

Check to make sure the pads are still on the bottom of the front jacks. If the pads "fall" off from the stud on the bottom of the strut then there is no spring tension to retract the jacks. There is a procedure for getting the jacks up either thru a cheater bar to force the jack up or by using a small hydraulic jack to raise the strut and then reinstall the pad. Don't ask how I know.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #36

On the 625 system you don't need to push the HYD button to store the jacks. Just push the STORE button.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:01 AM   #37

Update. I checked all of the plugs for the control module. Everything is hooked up. ran the gen for about 15 minutes and had the coach running for a while. Tried to store and level and nothing happens. House cutoff switch is on. Batt light was still on on the console so there may be a bad ground somewhere too.

Used the solenoids to manually retract the jacks. 3 worked fine. Left rear jack will not come up at all, even with assistance. Wiped with WD 40. Waiting on a call from HWH this Thursday, but for now it isn't moving.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #38

Alpine Owners Club
Have you checked the fluid level?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:24 PM   #39

Alpine Owners Club
What I did when one of my jacks did not retract all way was to run the coach to inflate the air bags. Place blocks of wood under the jack. I than dumped the air. I than hit the retract button (open solenoid) and let the weight of the coach raise the jack to full storage. If necessary repeat by adding more wood under the Jack after inflating the air bags.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
From tome to time I have one or two jacks that are slow to store. I carry a square blade shovel with me for that. I can get the shovel under the jack in question and start it up, and then I turn the shovel over and use it to lever the jack up. Save time and helps weak springs.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #41

Update on the jack issue. I called HWH on Monday morning and was told that there is a two week backlog on technical support calls. Awesome! So, I ended up doing what I didn't want to - loosened the high pressure lines on the HWH reservoir to release the three jacks that were stuck in the down position. Between doing that, ATF spraying everywhere, and prying up on the jacks with a tanker bar; the jacks are now up and the coach is no longer in front of my house. One of my awesome neighbors called the Sheriff department to complain about my coach being parked in front of my house. That's why I was under the gun to get the jacks up.

With all that said, I think there was an electronic failure somewhere considering the fault condition. The battery idiot light comes on and the air bags won't dump when the dump button is pressed. I charged the batteries, checked every fuse, checked every connection and the fault still persists. Also, I followed the cylinder opening procedure to no avail. Maybe it is the shuttle valve causing the problem. I've had this coach for 1.5 years, made six or so trips in it, and had the HWH system failed twice.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:29 PM   #42

Alpine Owners Club
Roger,

Sounds like you're trying to fix your HWH problem yourself but you may want to consider taking it to Acacia RV in Colton which should be relatively near you. They're a certified HWH service center and they know Alpine Coaches quite well. They fixed my problem while traveling through California about a year ago.

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks