Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2022, 05:39 PM   #1

Looking for Parts for Generator Slide and HWH info

Just bought a 2004 36' FDDS and looking for a supplier for the rollers on the generator slide. Anybody find the manufacturer or aftermarket supplier for the gen slide? Have the entire slide unit out and disassembled. Most of the bearings are pretty crunchy. Has a screw jack, not on the HWH hydraulic system.

Also, trying to diagnose some issues with the HWH leveling system. Looking for the controller for the auto level feature. Have a harness leading from the main control unit (found that in the forward basement) up into the frame rails where it disappears. Anybody know where it is hiding?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2022, 05:52 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
The rollers are standard 1-1/4 cam followers and are made by about every major bearing brand. Go to a bearing supplier.
c_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 04:42 PM   #3

Went to Motion Industries and the 4 cam followers are indeed 1.250" and are pretty available for about $25 each. The other 14 rollers are 1.375" and are some sort of proprietary roller. Pretty specialized. Total of 18 rollers in this thing.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:30 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
I have never taken my slide apart but if yours has two sizes it still shouldn't be a problem. Here is an online source with cross part numbers for 6 different brands in both sizes for about $16 each.

https://thebigbearingstore.com/1-3-8...d-cf-1-3-8-sb/

You can get a drawing on this site to see if they are what you need.
c_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 08:15 AM   #5

I had a problem with my gen slide-out on my '06 Alpine 40'. All slide rollers were not rolling. The bearings were not of a sealed type, and had gotten junk in the grease, plus the grease had just dried out. I removed all took them apart, being careful not to loose the balls, and cleaned everything in carb cleaner, re-packed them with heavy axle grease and re-installed them. they never spin fast enough, or often enough for the grit to damage the races, and even if they were to be pitted a little, it would be no big deal. so, you're going to take them out anyway, if you're going to replace them, so why not just clean 'em up and save yourself some money? - Dudley Do-Right, '06 Alpine Apex 40MDTS
Dudley do-right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 09:18 AM   #6

Is the level sensor not inside the HWH main control unit? It is a circuit board that measures about 3”x 5” and has 2 adjustment screws.
IAlreadyGot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:15 AM   #7

I wish it were that simple. The harness leading to the level sensor is plugged into the main control unit, but as it leads away from the unit it disappears up into the coach frame rail. Board is likely inside the coach, but still in hiding.

Just got back to the bearing issues on the gen slide. I managed to get the frozen bearings broke loose and rotating, and got some lube down inside, so that will suffice for now. Reinstalled the most iffy bearing in the outer locations where they will carry the smallest load and be easy to replace at a later time.

For those who have not been into yours yet, here is the full array of bearings. The cam followers are greaseable once removed, just use a needle greaser and force grease thru the small hole in the shaft. I did not break down the other bearings, but I think you can disassemble them by driving the thin sleeve from the bore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220908_174408[1].jpg
Views:	36
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	376762   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220909_185408[1].jpg
Views:	33
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	376763  

Old 09-21-2022, 09:22 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toesmack View Post
I wish it were that simple. The harness leading to the level sensor is plugged into the main control unit, but as it leads away from the unit it disappears up into the coach frame rail. Board is likely inside the coach, but still in hiding…...

On the 2004 the HWH controller is located in the small exterior compartment behind the front door. Unlock it, raise the cover (you can remove it by tilting it up real high). Inside you will see a PC board enclosed in a waterproof case with a clear cover. On the forward side of the case, near the bottom you will find two adjustment screws (left/right and front/back). First level the coach manually then adjust the screws until the 4 LEDs on the PC board (lower center of PC board) are off. There is a range to the “electronic level” so be sure you adjust the screws to the middle of that range, otherwise your automatic level will be off.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:22 PM   #9

The level controller on mine is somewhere other than that first compartment. I have spent quite some time sorting out the electrical and hydraulic issues with the HWH pump and servo manifold. I went so far as to remove the floor of that compartment to get at the wiring behind the pump.
Old 09-30-2022, 12:55 PM   #10

As a side note, had the 7.5k Onan out on the bench for a complete service and cleaning. Generator was shutting down for unexplained reasons. I found sever al references to corrosion and pitting on the temp sensor causing similar symptoms.

The coolant looked and tested perfect but as water pump was leaking had to drain the system. The drain valve snapped off in my hand and was completely rotten. The rotted aluminum and corrosion extended 2" up into the block and had to be drill out it was so solid. Temp sensor appeared new but when I pulled it to check the end was gone. More solid corrosion down into the water passage, and replacement sensor on national backorder.

If you have never changed your generator coolant you might want to do so. Acids build up over time and can cause more expensive problems.
Old 12-05-2022, 12:33 PM   #11

Finally found the level sense switch for the stabilizer system. On the roof of the #2 basement between the frame rails. Not visible without crawling into the compartment. Located next to the automatic transfer switch. Now if only I could get HWH to call me back so I can order parts.
Old 12-05-2022, 11:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toesmack View Post
Finally found the level sense switch for the stabilizer system. On the roof of the #2 basement between the frame rails. Not visible without crawling into the compartment. Located next to the automatic transfer switch. Now if only I could get HWH to call me back so I can order parts.
Try and call paul from Hwh. He posts on here. See this post from yesterday with his phone number.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/hwh...ml#post6372668
Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 07:00 AM   #13
Commercial Member

take a photo of the level sensor. i can help identify it. do you have the AP model number of your control box? the one with the clear plexiglass face? that would help immensely.
i can email service manuals, and some mechanism drawings. i have many of the older manuals that arent normally available on the hwh website.
call me at 602 549 3638 i can help.
paul maddox
i work full time for hwh corp. i do not solicit part sales on this forum.
i only do service work assigned by hwh corp.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 09:07 AM   #14

Azpete, you are awesome, just saying.
2005 Alpine 36FDDS #75268
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Jeep401 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, hwh, parts, slide